New account created with already taken email

Solved!

New account created with already taken email

Plan

Premium/Student

Country

Sweden

My Question or Issue

I clicked on "forgot your password" and proceed to enter my email address but strangely I received an email but it did also create a new account which I at first did not notice.
I then went on and added a student subscriptions plan but then afterward a notice that the subscription plan was confirmed on the newly created account but not my original Spotify account where I for a long time have entered the same email address.
I now want to either get some help to transfer the student subscription plan to my original account or make it possible to re-enter the student subscription on my original account.

How come it is possible to create an account with an email which is already taken?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @karlitoo,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

In this particular situation we recommend that you reach out to out Customer Support team here. They'll happily look into your accounts and help get the discounted subscription sorted out.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how you get on 🙂

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @karlitoo,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

In this particular situation we recommend that you reach out to out Customer Support team here. They'll happily look into your accounts and help get the discounted subscription sorted out.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how you get on 🙂

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts