Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Duo Not Working

Premium Duo Not Working

I just changed my subscription from Premium to Premium Duo. I sent my partner who switched from Premium to Premium Duo as well the invitation link and it keeps giving us the error message in the picture attached below.

I have followed the instructions and I even used their link, however, we keep getting the same error message. We have been trying since yesterday lol.

Please advise!

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 12.09.36 PM.png
33 Replies

Hey @qnfrs, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you're the plan manager and you're using the same device to sign up for Duo to invite someone, make sure you've logged out of your account page first.

The invite link may also have been expired. If you're the plan manager send a new invite link by logging into your Duo page at www.spotify.com/account/duo.

If it's still not working, try the same steps above using a different browser or private window.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the quick response! I've tried re-sending the link and trying it in a private/incognito browser. Still, no luck.

Hey @qnfrs

Are you getting an error message when you send an invite, or is the person trying to accept the invite getting an error message? If so, please send me a screenshot of the error message. Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Also, keep in mind that this plan will only work if both people reside at the same physical address.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billy,

Yes, we do reside at the same address. The error message comes up when my partner is trying to accept the invitation link. I've attached the screenshot below!

We have tried to use the location detector as well as manually entering our address and the same error message comes up.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 12.09.36 PM.png

Hey @qnfrs

If the option is available, could you ask the person accepting the invite to try on another device? If this doesn't occur on a different device, please make sure that the original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey Billy,

We re-installed Spotify to ensure it's updated and still no luck!

Hey @qnfrs,

Could you try sending another invite using a different device, if available? This is a great step to see if this is device-related.

Also, you mentioned in the first message:

I sent my partner who switched from Premium to Premium Duo as well

Could you clarify what you mean exactly? Also, what is the subscription status of your partner's Spotify account? 

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi 

I am having the exact same problem. My partner invited me and when I click the link and enter the address and submit it says an error has occurred and to try again later.

However I was the orginal one to subscribe to Duo but cancelled within the same day due to not having access to my email until now. Has this got something to do with it? 

Pauline

Hey @paulinedeasy-ie, and @qnfrs,

Sorry to hear about this. Please check the status of the subscription on your account and the person who is trying to join would need to either:

or 

Then they should be able to accept the Duo invitations without any issues.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Now I have the same problem. Two different devices and Spotify doesn't allow to accept invitation.

The text or error is exactly the same as in previous posts.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We're aware of this and are currently looking into it. We recommend heading over to this Ongoing Issue thread and adding your +Vote. This way you'll stay up to date with any updates on the matter.

Also give the troubleshooting steps in the post a try and see if that helps.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Alo I did duo plane but my brother do not work please contact me

Hey there @MARTINO03,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

Just to confirm, are you still experiencing this?

If you are, could you let us know some additional details on what's happening?

If your brother is seeing an error message that says that the address doesn't match, we'd recommend checking the Ongoing Issue @Alex shared above for more info since our teams are currently looking into that.

Keep us posted 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Yes we have the same problem. It keeps saying we didn’t use the same address but we checked 5 times. We are def living on the same address. Country/ address it is al the same. Can someone please help??

All of this tried multiple times. Please think about another solution. It’s really frustrating.

Hey @1188756292,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We are aware of this issue and our tech teams are currently looking into this. We'd suggest you head here and add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

When are you going to have this solved?! It has been three weeks since last post here and the problem is still there! Where do I request a refund?

Hey @Hallgrimhaugnes,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

If the error message you're seeing says that the address doesn't match, we'd recommend checking the Ongoing Issue @Alex shared above for more info since our teams are currently looking into that.

If that's not the case, can you send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting so we can take a closer look at what's going on?

On another note, you can take a look at this article for more info about refunds.

We expect to hear from you soon.

ElenaModerator

When trying to confirm that we live on the same adresse, I get this error message.

Screenshot_20201126-171457.png

Suggested posts