Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Support for payments using Bank Standing Orders

Support for payments using Bank Standing Orders

Country                           UK

My Question or Issue

I am working with a client who is registered as severely sight-impaired and his finances are controlled by the UK Court of Protection.  The client has an existing Amazon Dot, and would now like to take out a subscription to Spotify.  I know that Spotify can be accessed on his Amazon Dot if my client has a Spotify Premium subscription.

The Court of Protection are concerned over the risk my client could make inadvertent additional purchases outside his monthly payment for Spotify Premium.

Therefore, is it possible to set up a bank standing order to pay for his monthly subscription to Spotify?  If so, please can you provide the payment information (eg sort code, account and reference) required to complete a standing order mandate.

3 Replies

Hey there @e-yorks

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Spotify users may normally apply a wide variety of payment methods when paying for the subscription, but keep in mind their availability depends on the country in which a user is located. 

In such a case we'd suggest you check out our help article on different payment methods you might use when subscribing for a Premium. Simply follow the steps described there and you'll be able to find out if the bank standing order is available to pay Spotify in your country. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.  

Hello there, 

I'd also like to set up a bank Standing Order from my account instead of my current card payment. I am based in Ireland. I followed the steps above but didn't find an IBAN for the Spotify payment. I don't mind which country this payment is made to, but I do mind how it is paid. 

Thanks in advance

Fergal (**bleep**)

Hey @MoreControl

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Currently, the only available payment methods are the ones you can find in the article @Ivan sent previously. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

On another note, we don't recommend sharing private info in the Community for security reasons. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts