moving abroad

Solved!

moving abroad

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I'm moving from Italy to Romania next year for work. I would like to know if my premium account will continue to work and if I need to change country in my profile. I would not like to change the contents of the offer on spotify. I would like to continue to listen to Italian music and my music.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kyeky,

Thanks for the reply.

We'll try to clarify.

There won't be any issue if you move anywhere in the world, while paying for your Premium with your Italian issued card. Note that you'd have to pay the Premium price for Italy. 

As long as your account stays on Premium you can move anywhere in the world.

If you do decice to revert to the free account, all your music, albums, podcasts etc. will remain intact. Click here for more info.

If you wish to pay the Romanian price for Premium you'd have to use a romanian payment method.

Let us know if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi @kyeky,

Thank you for posting your question on the Community.

Since you're a Premium user, you can continue using your account abroad as long as your Italian issued payment method remains active. 

However, if you're going to move permanently to Romania, then we suggest you change your account's country. Just take into account that some music availability may change. 

In order to change the country, you need to register a payment method that has been issued in Romania. In this article you can find the info on how to change the settings.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator

Hi I would like to maintain my Italian payment method for all the time I
will be in Romania that is 4 years. There should be no problem for you if I
continue to pay using an Italian credit card as long as I pay. What about
my music if I am obliged to turn to a free subscription? I do not intend to
have a Romanian card. My bank account remains in Italy.
Kyeky

Hi @kyeky,

Thank you for your reply.

If you intend to keep using the same payment method, then there shouldn't be any issues as long as the account is never reverted to free. 

If for any reason you're reverted to free, then the music that was downloaded to your devices will be removed. However, your music library (Liked songs, playlists, albums, etc.) will remain the same. 

Just take into account that you can sign up for Premium only if you're physically present in the country where the payment method was issued. This means that if you cancel your subscription while in Romania, you'll be able to sign up with your Italian card only if you're present in Italy. 

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator

Sorry it is not clear. I would have to unsuscribe to spotify because the payment method will remain the same. My bank account and credit cards will continue to remain in Italy and issued in Italy but I will move to Romania for four years. This means that for four years I will not be able to use spotify any longer because I do not have a Romanian card?! I certainly will not have a card issued to pay spotify. Thank you so much. Your service is indeed terrific.
Kyeky
Marked as solution

Hey @kyeky,

Thanks for the reply.

We'll try to clarify.

There won't be any issue if you move anywhere in the world, while paying for your Premium with your Italian issued card. Note that you'd have to pay the Premium price for Italy. 

As long as your account stays on Premium you can move anywhere in the world.

If you do decice to revert to the free account, all your music, albums, podcasts etc. will remain intact. Click here for more info.

If you wish to pay the Romanian price for Premium you'd have to use a romanian payment method.

Let us know if you have questions.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts