Step 1

NEXT STEP

After several days offline unable to play songs

After several days offline unable to play songs

Premium

Lithuania

Device

iPhone 12PRO

I've been using Spotify Premium for years already. Last month I was sailing across Atlantic ocean, meaning, I was not able to have any connection for at least 16 days. However, after I believe 5 days in the middle of Atlantic 99% of my songs switched off. I was able to play only the few. So Spotify Premium is totally not an option for longer trips, or is there a solution?

1 Reply

Hey there @VytautasT,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Sorry to hear that you've had such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling. This issue could be related to to issues with the app data, where the offline content is saved. Since not all songs were deleted, there could be an active process on your phone that clears app data/ cache in order to increase performance. It's a good idea to disable such processes or apps, so they don't remove any data for Spotify, in order not to delete downloaded songs.

Note that downloads can remain active only for 30 days at a time, even though that's not the case here it's good to have in mind for longer trips.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts