NEXT STEP

[Android] Queue button greyed/deactivated

[Android] Queue button greyed/deactivated

Plan: Premium

Devices:

- Spotify 8.5.98.984 on Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 10

- Spotify 1.1.52.687.gf5565fe5 on Windows 10 64 bit

My Question or Issue

Simple question/problem, but I can't seem to google it.

If I search for a song on my Desktop Spotify App, play it and click the Queue button (lower right corner), it will show an empty Queue -> Expected

As soon as the song is over, Spotify's will populate the Queue based on the song's rhythm/genre/... and my likes -> Expected

But if I transfer the song being played on the Mobile App I can't click the Queue button (its gray/deactivated in the lower right corner) but if I click next song (on Mobile App) it will go exactly on the next song showed on the Desktop App's Queue.

Similar thing happens if my Desktop App is completely closed (it's not running, not shown in System Tray also). I start Mobile App, search for a song (I can click the Queue button but this is probably expected since its the first song? and it only shows that one song), but as soon as the song is over, algorithm populates the Queue and plays the next song and Queue button gets gray/deactivated. But if I then start the Desktop App, I can click the Queue button on the Desktop app and see next songs in the Queue that will be played by the Mobile App.

This is frustrating. I want to be able to see the suggested songs in the queue on my mobile app same as I see them on Desktop App.

This thread doesn't help:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Queue-button-broken-greyed-out/m-p/5017332#M167385 

- https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Queue-inaccessible-button-greyed-out/td-p/4834678#

and I tried a clean re-install based on the https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p... 

Thanks for any advice!

Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey there folks!

We've checked this with the right folks and we can now confirm that this works as intended.

Based on the screenrecording you shared previously, when a searched track finishes playing, Autoplay kicks in.

As Autoplay will automatically start playing similar tracks, you won't be able to access the queue due to its size. However, you should still be able to influence the tracks that come up:

• Tap Katerina_0-1615904354223.png  in the Now Playing view to like a song, which automatically saves it to your Liked Songs playlist Your Library.
  • Tap Katerina_1-1615904354224.png  in the Now Playing view to remove it and we’ll remember for next time.

Hope this helps clear things up but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day!

10 Replies

Hey there @Maarko

Thanks for reaching out about this and letting us know what you've tried. 

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using any of your devices to see if they can replicate this?

It would also be helpful to have a screenshot or a screen recording where we can take a better look at this issue. You can attach it using the Insert Video or Insert Photos option in the post editor, just make sure to exclude any personal info from it. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novy,

the video is attached.

Regarding someone else, this will have to wait since Deezer was the first app in my Country that could be legally subscribed to so I have to find someone with the Spotify account first 🙂

I hope video helps! 🙂

Regards,

Maarko

Hi there @Maarko

Thanks for the screen recording you sent.

We've passed all the info on to the right team who are currently investigating this. We'll let you know as soon as we have an update. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Everything works exactly the same on my android smartphone.

Hey @Djeraa,

Thanks for posting.

Would you mind sharing the make, model and android version of the device you're experiencing this on? Let us know also which Spotify version you're running.

The more details we have about instances of this happening, the quicker the team will get to the bottom of this.

Keep us posted!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017

Android 8

Spotify app version 8.6.0.830

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Mihail Moderator

Hey there folks!

We've checked this with the right folks and we can now confirm that this works as intended.

Based on the screenrecording you shared previously, when a searched track finishes playing, Autoplay kicks in.

As Autoplay will automatically start playing similar tracks, you won't be able to access the queue due to its size. However, you should still be able to influence the tracks that come up:

• Tap Katerina_0-1615904354223.png  in the Now Playing view to like a song, which automatically saves it to your Liked Songs playlist Your Library.
  • Tap Katerina_1-1615904354224.png  in the Now Playing view to remove it and we’ll remember for next time.

Hope this helps clear things up but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator

Hi,

if this "works as intended" I'm deeply disappointed since it means the behavior on mobile App is different than on the Desktop App.

And the argument "you won't be able to access the queue due to its size" also makes no sense since queue is not actually a collection of downloaded mp3 songs, but probably some XML file with the songs info and ID which links the song to exact song inside Spotify's database. How big (file)size can that be?

Deeply disappointed.

Regards,
Marko

Hey @Maarko,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Keep in mind that the app vary across devices as they run different operative systems, and some features and behaviors can be different.

We're sorry to hear you feel that way. We'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right folks.

If you need anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts