Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Scroll bar missing on Liked Songs playlist

We've received reports from Android users that the scroll bar on the right is missing on the Liked Songs playlist. All other playlists seem to be unaffected.

This is currently being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We understand this took a bit longer than usual to fix - sorry to keep you waiting, but we’re happy to announce that it should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify!

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
SiLoBoY6669

Stop taking the scroll bar away in My Liked Songs Library!! It's infuriatingly annoying not having it!! If any of your programmers have the "bright idea" to take it away, stop them immediately!! This is the second time in just a many updates this has happened, STOP IT!!!

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, Android version 12, Spotify version 8.7.52.1010

LinaBanana

Plan

Premium

Country

Thailand

Device

Redmi Note 8 Pro

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

There is no scroll bar in the liked song playlist, but it appears in the main library instead. I've reinstalled and restarted my phone, but the problem still exists (I've checked that this problem only occurs on my phone. iPads and computers are unaffected.)  My spotify version is 8.7.52.1010

Screenshot_2022-08-01-01-11-36-739_com.spotify.music.jpg
Alex

Hi there @LinaBanana,

Thanks for the post.

We were able to replicate this issue on our end. We've reached out about this to the right folks at Spotify. We'll let you know here as soon as we have more info.

Cheers.

-mxeos_67x42e

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

The scroll bar went missing on my Liked Songs playlist this week. I saw that this used to be an issue, but was deemed fixed. It's not fixed, though, or it recurred.

bestbackwards

This issue has happened so many times over the years. I have this issue at the moment too.

Plan: Premium

Device: OnePlus 8T

Operating System: OxygenOS 12, which sucks!

App version: 8.7.52.1010

Scroll bar is missing in Your Songs, New Episodes and Your Episodes. 

In Your Library I see the scroll bar with the two arrows pointing up and down.

In playlists, I see a regular scroll bar that behaves normally.

@Spotify how do you not have unit testing for this kinda thing? You've literally killed crucial functionality in your apps so many times you'd have thought you might invest in a Quality Assurance team or something by now? What are you trying to do? Become Microsoft?

@MattSuda has dealt with a bug like this back in 2016, he might be able to flag it?

KaijuLeitch

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Operating System: Android 12

App version: 8.7.52.1010

Same issue here. I updated this morning, and all of my scroll bars are gone. I really and genuinely don't know how or why such a crucial feature of the app's functionality can keep popping in and out of existence.

HydratedTones44

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia 

Device

Samsung Galaxy A51

Operating System

Android 10.0

My Question or Issue

The scrolling bar for liked songs is gone and has disappeared this means you have to scroll through your screen for all your songs which takes so long and the scrolling bar shows you what month and year you liked your song so this is really annoying and inconvenient. It was on the right side of the screen. My spotify app is up to date. Please fix this.

Foxtrip265

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Motorola Edge

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

My Spotify updated on Monday and when I go to just liked songs, there's no scroll band so I have to swipe to go to songs which can be agitating. I've clean installed Spotify twice and I restarted my phone to no avail

TannerG

I have the exact same issue. Makes playlists almost unusable.

Jonny-G

Yup, same problem with me. I feel like spotify has a new issue every month. I've had an ongoing issue for years too, that they won't fix and I just deal with it now.