Premium

Country

Thailand

Device

Redmi Note 8 Pro

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

There is no scroll bar in the liked song playlist, but it appears in the main library instead. I've reinstalled and restarted my phone, but the problem still exists (I've checked that this problem only occurs on my phone. iPads and computers are unaffected.)  My spotify version is 8.7.52.1010

Screenshot_2022-08-01-01-11-36-739_com.spotify.music.jpg
Top Answer
Alex

Hi there @LinaBanana,

Thanks for the post.

We were able to replicate this issue on our end. We've reached out about this to the right folks at Spotify. We'll let you know here as soon as we have more info.

Cheers.

20 Replies

SiLoBoY6669

Stop taking the scroll bar away in My Liked Songs Library!! It's infuriatingly annoying not having it!! If any of your programmers have the "bright idea" to take it away, stop them immediately!! This is the second time in just a many updates this has happened, STOP IT!!!

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, Android version 12, Spotify version 8.7.52.1010

Alex

Hi there @LinaBanana,

Thanks for the post.

We were able to replicate this issue on our end. We've reached out about this to the right folks at Spotify. We'll let you know here as soon as we have more info.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

-mxeos_67x42e

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

The scroll bar went missing on my Liked Songs playlist this week. I saw that this used to be an issue, but was deemed fixed. It's not fixed, though, or it recurred.

bestbackwards

This issue has happened so many times over the years. I have this issue at the moment too.

Plan: Premium

Device: OnePlus 8T

Operating System: OxygenOS 12, which sucks!

App version: 8.7.52.1010

Scroll bar is missing in Your Songs, New Episodes and Your Episodes. 

In Your Library I see the scroll bar with the two arrows pointing up and down.

In playlists, I see a regular scroll bar that behaves normally.

@Spotify how do you not have unit testing for this kinda thing? You've literally killed crucial functionality in your apps so many times you'd have thought you might invest in a Quality Assurance team or something by now? What are you trying to do? Become Microsoft?

@MattSuda has dealt with a bug like this back in 2016, he might be able to flag it?

KaijuLeitch

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Operating System: Android 12

App version: 8.7.52.1010

Same issue here. I updated this morning, and all of my scroll bars are gone. I really and genuinely don't know how or why such a crucial feature of the app's functionality can keep popping in and out of existence.

HydratedTones44

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia 

Device

Samsung Galaxy A51

Operating System

Android 10.0

My Question or Issue

The scrolling bar for liked songs is gone and has disappeared this means you have to scroll through your screen for all your songs which takes so long and the scrolling bar shows you what month and year you liked your song so this is really annoying and inconvenient. It was on the right side of the screen. My spotify app is up to date. Please fix this.

Foxtrip265

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Motorola Edge

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

My Spotify updated on Monday and when I go to just liked songs, there's no scroll band so I have to swipe to go to songs which can be agitating. I've clean installed Spotify twice and I restarted my phone to no avail

TannerG

I have the exact same issue. Makes playlists almost unusable.

Jonny-G

Yup, same problem with me. I feel like spotify has a new issue every month. I've had an ongoing issue for years too, that they won't fix and I just deal with it now. 

Magic_pants

I've been having that same issue for about a week now! I for some reason the scroll button in my liked songs is not appearing so I'm forced to scroll I wonder if it's a android Spotify problem.

doctoramall

**bleep** I thought it was only me. It's been so aggravating trying to scroll through hundreds of songs without it. Hope this is resolved soon 😔

Yaroslav27

Scroll bar went missing again on android in the likes songs playlist. Pls fix it. It's really useful. Thanks. 

shushbarak

Not the first time this bug happened. Update your tests! Catch this important bug before releasing a new version!

mkaplan28

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Google Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 12

App version: 8.7.54.403

Same problem here as all others. Missing in Liked Songs, just like what happened a few months ago with a prior update.

batuhusta

I got the same issue, please fix it.

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite

Operating System

Android 12

App version: 8.7.54.403

SeldxTheSangwich

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung Galaxy A13

Operating System

Android, latest

My Question or Issue

My alphabetical scroll wheel in my liked playlist is gone again. I’m on the current version, I’ve done a quick uninstall and a clean uninstall and it’s still gone. Has anyone else had trouble and figured it out?

Sorry if this is the wrong place but it is certainly frustrating 

lakwong1

What's the deal with the scroll bar in the "Liked Songs’ section?  I can't scroll up/down in the "Liked Songs' section on my android.  I have over a 1000 songs and its annoying that the scroll bar is gone.   

AlejaR

Hey folks!

Thanks for your replies in this thread 🙂

We really appreciate the details you kindly sent us. Rest assured this is being investigated for the right team.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions. 

Take care!

CarstenRecht

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Huawei P40

Operating System

Android  10  -EMUI 12.0.0

My Question or Issue

with the latest Spotify Update you brought back an long solved issue.

NO SCROLLBAR in PLAYLIST Lieblingsongs. Any other Playlist has this scrollbar.

Suggested posts

Env: prod