Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy A series phone

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Frustratingly the 15 hours of audiobook listening time included with my Premium subscription was used up in just 25 minutes of listening to 2 chapters of 1 audiobook.

I listened to an audiobook on my Samsung phone Spotify application. I extended my device to a Bluetooth speaker to listen to the audiobook. After 25 minutes the audiobook suddenly stopped. I received an email saying I had used all of my 15 hours listening time, and would need to purchase a top-up to my hours.

I have not listened to any other audiobook in the past several months on any device, so could not possibly have exhausted my 15 hours for this month. I have confirmed this by looking at my Listening History, which shows no audiobooks have been played on my account.

I have tried to get support using the Spotify support chat. Despite chatting with 5 different advisors the issue has not been resolved and none of these advisors seemed to know what was causing this to happen.

The Spotify support team have told me their records show that my hours have been used listening to 7 different audiobooks, however these do not show up on my Listening History. Each of these 7 audiobooks I had previously added to my Library so I could listen to them at a future date. I have not listened to any of these audiobooks yet.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or have any insight into why the Spotify system has made this mistake in miscounting the time I have listened to audiobooks?

Thanks!

0 Replies

Suggested posts