Device

[Multiple]

iPhone 11 Pro

Windows 10

Samsung S10

Operating System

iOS 14.17.1, Android Oreo, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My friend and I have a single Blend playlist. It was created c. 4 weeks ago. It never updates. All of the songs in the playlist say "DATE ADDED: 1 day ago" - but it's the same as it was the day we created it. We have tried leaving the Blend and starting a new one. Same problem. We are both premium users. He is Android+Windows10, I am iOS+Windows10. We both have extensive libraries of playlists etc. I have 1,000 liked songs on my end and the most recent addition to Liked Songs was 3 days ago. We both use the platform daily, so I would expect the engine to easily be able to come up with a new playlist for us. Something else seems wrong.

Feature Request: Add a button/control to enable users to trigger a manual refresh of a Blend.

12 Replies

Hi there @thegoatherder,

thanks for reaching out !

The Blend playlist is scheduled get updated on a daily basis (you can read more info here).

In case this isn't visible on your account at the moment, please bear in mind that this is a new feature that is still being worked on. 

Pointing out that since this list is created based on your listening behavior, some songs that are on repeat might stay there longer than others.

In addition if both of you haven't added new songs to your "Your Library" recently, this could also explain why the playlist stays the same.

Regarding your request, i would like to refer you to this idea about having the option to manually refresh the Blend playlist. 

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have further questions 🙂

Mine does the same. The order seems to change, but always the same songs. I was excited for this feature, but after listening to it a couple of times it has become very boring. I wonder if this is just the way it is or if it is meant to update?

Hey there @rianjb,

Thanks for reaching out.

As @OneByBoo mentioned above, Blend playlists are meant to update daily. However, this depends on both users' listening habits and activity - if there aren't any new songs recently played or added to your Liked Songs playlists, it's likely that the Blend will stay the same.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi. 

I've recently started a Blend with 9 Friends. Every single one of them is updating their liked songs every day. I personally have over 24k songs in my "Liked" Playlist, they're all DJs and so I'd expect the same from them. we started this playlist 3 days ago and it hasn't been updated once in that time. Have we broken Spotify?

Hey @Danieljfern!

The Blend is based on the tracks you've been recently listening to the most, so you may need to play new tracks repeatedly in order for them to end up on the playlist. Keep in mind also that the Blend does update daily, however, the changes might be subtle, with the most common one being a different track order.

Hope this clears things up. Take care!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Yordan 

My personal selections in the playlist haven't changed in the 3 weeks since, and there's others in there too which haven't updated at all. The subtle changes are so subtle that the same songs have appeared every single day for me and other users. In the last 21 days, I have personally liked 431 songs, many of those I've listened to multiple times, this is my normal listening pattern. A few of the other members of the playlist are radio DJs and have similar listening habits to me, but again their blend submissions haven't changed in 3 weeks. 

Here is the playlist; https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1EJwu18h5dSPsI?si=4e77613b854b4525

My suspicion is that because my Liked songs playlist contains > 24k songs, and that I often don't listen to the same artist or song more than once in a day, that the blend just won't work for me or others like me, which is a shame, as we were all very excited to get a group curated playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy A10e

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I've made a few blends with friends over the past few weeks, and none of them have updated at all since they were created. Furthermore, the selection of songs that I've contributed is identical across each blend; I contribute the same 15 songs to each supposedly different blend (no variation at all). This seems to be a broken feature, and clearing the cache, logging out, and/or uninstalling have changed anything.

+1.

my and my friend's blend updates every other day (when it happens is not consistent) and it's not even with 'current most played tracks', as Spotify has explained in the past. i might listen to a song once and it makes it to the blend, while tracks i play repeatedly (more often than not) do not. it's very random.

bit of an update, and it's as puzzling as the never changing bug... one of my blends has updated five times in as many hours.

i know, we said that blends hardly ever update... but once daily (as it says on the tin) would be fine, i think. 😉

and back to the old behaviour. both blends i'm part of have remained unchanged for 48+ hours.

One of my Blends took like 3 days to start updating (then updated 4 times in one day, I think it was playing catch up) and has been solid since.

Also @unseenlarks, about your Idea,

You can already create a blend using the Desktop app by going to Search > Made for You, Create a Blend

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1678129347658.png

that's reassuring, hopefully the same will happen to mine and they will see daily updates as well.

Suggested posts