Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collaborators cant add a song to the playlist

Solved!

Collaborators cant add a song to the playlist

I have a weekly collaborative playlist set up at work that we have used for years. Every week we create a new playlist and now with the change in how we have to invite collaborators instead of toggling the playlist as collaborative, several people on the team are unable to add to the playlist. It looks like the ones that cant add are using free accounts. Is that the case that free users cant add to these playlists with the new collaboration settings?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

UK

Device

PC

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @dentaku81,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Everyone who clicks on this link within 24hrs can access the playlist as a collaborator. After 24hrs, the link will either just redirect to the playlist if it's public or will show an error if it's a private one.

In order to add more collaborators after 24 hours, a new link needs to be generated and sent so we recommend that you double-check that they've entered it within 24 hours.

You're able to join a collaborative playlist as a Premium user and if you're on our free version so that shouldn't be the issue.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @dentaku81,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Everyone who clicks on this link within 24hrs can access the playlist as a collaborator. After 24hrs, the link will either just redirect to the playlist if it's public or will show an error if it's a private one.

In order to add more collaborators after 24 hours, a new link needs to be generated and sent so we recommend that you double-check that they've entered it within 24 hours.

You're able to join a collaborative playlist as a Premium user and if you're on our free version so that shouldn't be the issue.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Yes, we worked it out with the people who were having the issue and it looks like they were opening the link was the problem. They werent clicking through the link, they were copy pasting the address into their spotify desktop app. It looks like copy pasting it doesn't give collab rights properly.

Hi again @dentaku81,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're super glad to see that everything work as it should for you. We hope that you'll enjoy your collaborative playlist in the feature 🙂

If anything else comes up we're always one post away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts