Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Date scroller, sort by genre, and search bar missing from Liked Songs..

Date scroller, sort by genre, and search bar missing from Liked Songs..

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 15 Pro

Operating System

iOS 17.0.3

My Question or Issue

So I've been using Spotify for 3 years now, and I've always liked how on mobile, in Liked Songs, the scroll bar on the side actually showed you the date (month, year format) as you went up and down the playlist (obviously in chronological order to when the songs were added). Additionally, at the top of the playlist, I really liked how you could sort by genre/mood, and the search bar feature, allowing you to search for specific songs. About 3 months ago, I've been noticing these features disappearing out of nowhere, and suddenly coming back again. A regular scroll bar to go through the playlist, no dates shown. No genre feature, or even a search bar. Now, when this first started happening, as I said, 3 months ago, they would regularly disappear, but then come back a few days later. Even more recent, for about a month now, it hasn't come back at all. I've asked my friends and their Liked Songs all have the features mine are missing. Why is this happening, and how do I get it fixed?

IMG_0412.PNG
3 Replies

Hey @ryankalvintrinh,

Thanks for reaching out.

The features you're referring to are still being tested so it's normal to see them come and go. Unfortunately, we can't enable them manually for your account, rest assured however that your feedback has been forwarded to the right teams at Spotify.

Thanks for understanding. Let us know if there's anything else.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone 15 Pro

Operating System

iOS 17.4.1

My Question or Issue

Around two months ago I noticed that on the mobile Spotify app, when you go into Liked Songs and scroll down, the month / year that should show next to the scroll bar doesn't appear anymore.

In the past, when you scrolled through your Liked Songs, you could see the month and year you added that song. I understand that on the desktop app, there is still a column you can see with the specific date you added the song, but I'm talking about the mobile app.

It's quite frustrating because very often I will have the urge to remind myself of what songs I was listening to in say 2020 August for example, without the need of opening up my desktop app to see. 

Weird thing is, in the main Your Library page before you click into Liked Songs, you can still see the month / year that pops up next to the scroll bar (I've attached an image). It's just that it doesn't show in Liked Songs anymore, and I don't understand why. @Spotify, please bring back this feature. There was no reason to remove it. 

IMG_5558.PNG

Hey, around two months ago I started noticing the same thing. Mainly the date (month/year) next to the scroll bar in Liked Songs not showing. It's quite frustrating. There are many times when I want to go back and listen to songs I added from a specific period of my life, and I know the songs are there somewhere in my Liked Songs, but I can't find the specific songs from a specific month anymore. I understand you can still find the Date Added on the desktop app but it's really inconvenient to open that up when it used to show the month / year on the mobile app.

@Spotify what's the point of this change? Please bring it back. No one asked for it. It doesn't benefit anyone. Why are you taking away random features.

Suggested posts