Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

iPhone X & Macbook

Operating System

iOS 17 & OS Sonoma 14

My Question or Issue

Hello, Yesterday evening, I was scrolling true all my liked songs to see if I had any doubles in there (other versions or albums). But the date when initially added the songs got removed by accident during this process. Let me explain this particular 'the process'. I like to know how many hours all my liked songs are combined, so I made a playlist with these songs to see that. To keep them in sync, I remove and add songs to these lists at the same time. But yesterday, when I removed multiple songs that were added twice, I realized I forgot to delete 1 song from my playlist with all my liked songs (the one I have to keep in sync). So the current situation is that my 'Liked Songs' had 1719 songs and the other playlist 1720. What I normally would do if I have the same problem with 2 playlists. It is that I select the 1720 songs to add them to the playlist with fewer songs, and then I would get the notification that "Already added", I would click "Add new ones" and the 1 extra song would be added on top of the list. But it didn't do that with 'Liked Songs'. It just reset all dates of the 1719 songs that were already in my liked songs, and it added the 1 extra song I was looking for.(I still don't know which song it was)  I added a screenshot where you can see in the red square that the green arrow is pointing up. The oldest song of my liked song is on top of the list. 

Is it possible to retrieve this data?

Thank you in advance

Just in case you can find the dates in the database, it happened on 27 January 2024 between 23:00 and 00:00.

Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 00.47.07.png
3 Replies

Hey @Alexander48

Thanks for contributing to the Community. This is quite the exercise you`ve described. 

I also am a sucker for numbers and I get why you would want to keep track. Our friends in the Customer Support team could perhaps help you figure out which song it was by taking a closer look into your account. As for the original dates of the songs, there's no way to revert them at this time, I'm afraid, but rest assured our tech folks are actively working on improving this experience. 

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the quick reply. It's a shame there isn't a way to revert this yet. I suggest making a notification for if you add songs that are already in the Liked Songs. Just like normal playlists, I think it will prevent this issue from happening again in the future. There is also no need to search for that one song. After I checked my playlists for a while, I found out it was a song made by The Rolling Stones :). 

Kind regards

Alexander

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-01-30 om 18.51.38.png

Hi @Alexander48,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for the info provided.

We're glad to know you were able to find the song you were looking for. Additionally, thanks for the feedback – we appreciate it! We always aim to improve, so we’ll get this passed on to the right team.

If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts