Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete a single song from queue

Solved!

Delete a single song from queue

There are a few times I accidentally added the same song to my queue twice. I have to wait until that song starts playing to skip it. We should be able to delete a single song from the queue rather than having to clear the whole thing or skip the song when it comes.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @theWebCrawler,

Thanks for reaching out. Removing songs from the queue is already possible. On desktop, just right click a song in the queue and select "Remove from queue". On mobile, after you open the queue you can tap on the circles on the left hand side to select songs and then you can choose to remove them. Is this what you were trying to do? Is there any other functionality you're looking for?

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @theWebCrawler,

Thanks for reaching out. Removing songs from the queue is already possible. On desktop, just right click a song in the queue and select "Remove from queue". On mobile, after you open the queue you can tap on the circles on the left hand side to select songs and then you can choose to remove them. Is this what you were trying to do? Is there any other functionality you're looking for?

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator

I can not find any way to do this in Spotify on Mac (OSX)

Hey @fahlsen,

Welcome to the thread!

What options do you see when you right click on the song in the queue?
If you could attach a screenshot to your reply that would be very helpful 🙂

We'll be on the lookout!

VasilModerator

A song that I have removed/attempted to remove from my queue multiple times keeps re-adding itself to my queue. I just want the song off of my queue because it is a very different vibe than the album I want to listen to on repeat to learn the lyrics.

In fact, I have clicked remove the song (both on Windows desktop app AND iOS) and the song duplicates itself in the queue. I click to remove the song and the duplicate deletes itself. 

Hey @Snic10,

Thanks for posting!

Does this happen only with a particular song or with multiple ones? Have you already tried some troubleshooting steps such as logging out > logging back in for example?

Keep us posted.

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Does this option still exist? I can't see it.

Yep its gone, no option to remove. 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on a specific one? Also, would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

On another note, sending us the info @Ivelina asked previously would come in handy.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

spotify.PNG

I don't see any option listed to remove from queue.

Hey @Ragonk

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

It looks like you're not running the latest version of the app. In this case, would you mind performing a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps to see if this does the trick? 

If not, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts