Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Oppo Find X3 Lite 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, i just noticed in the most recent Discover Weekly that the unlike button has changed. It doesn't let you choose between disliking a single track or the whole band/singer. Now it simply mark the track as unliked. It's a big stepdown, because it was for me the only way to almost avoid repeated disliked songs. Bring it the old way please.

3 Replies

Hey @nighthawk989,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

When you're playing a recommended playlist like Discover Weekly, you've the option to hide the song in the Now playing view by hitting/clicking the button "Hide song"

However, if you want to stop playing the whole artist, you can select the artist by hitting/clicking its name or on the Three-dot menu > View artists. On the artist page, you can select the Three-dot menu again and hit the option "Don't play this" to fully hide the artist. Keep in mind that this second process can only be done on the Mobile app and it is also device specific, this means that the content will be removed only on the device where these options were activated.

We appreciate your feedback with this function. If you think other users would like to have this option too, we’d recommend posting it in our Idea Exchange board. This page has detailed instructions on how to do this

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Its been only one week and this new update is already starting to mess with my Discover Weekly.

For more than a year or way more i havent had a known track in my DW because of this option, and now its gone.

Im already seeing my some of my liked songs, artist that i already follow, hidden songs in my DW.

Also this solution is pretty useless. It works only on Mobile, and im mostly using Deskop app, it unfollows and fully blocks an artist from everywhere even Release radar.

For exemple, i follow and listen to Pink Floyd, i have listened to all their songs, and i still get them occasionally in my DW. Why?

Now if i block Pink Floyd on Mobile (Three dots) it wont even show in my Release radar if theres ever a new track, because it gets auto unfollowed.

If i only hide a song, i will 100% get one other Pink Floyd track in my DW next week.

This i really a step backwards, and its such a simple and small feature. So please rather let us know how do we get it implemented back in desktop. Thank You!

Ok better than nothing but i think anyone prefers the old feature, this new one is pointless and a step back...

Suggested posts