Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google home playing wrong Daily Drive

Google home playing wrong Daily Drive

Hello everybody,

Lately I've been woken up by the Daily Drive playlist made by Spotify. This was triggered by a Google home routine. However recently a German artist, CIVO, released a song with the name Daily Drive. Spotify keeps playing this song no matter what command I try.

Does anybody know a fix for this? Maybe a specific command or the ability to block that song?

3 Replies

Hi favz_, I'm afraid I can't help with a fix but just want to confirm that I've had the exact same issue - had a Daily Drive playlist as the last command in a Google Home routine, and a few days ago GH/Spotify started playing the song by CIVO instead, even when I specifically ask for a playlist. I'm based in the UK, do you mind me asking if you are too? I suspect this might have to do with some kind of recent update...

Here's another thread you may want to subscribe to, with people experiencing a broader range of similar issues for generated personalized playlists: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Reserved-Playlist-Names/td-p/5076346

Hi folks,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

In order to look into this further it would be great if you can share any troubleshooting you've gone through, as well as when did you first notice this.

We recommend checking your smart speakers for firmware updates and also clearing the cache from Google Home/ Google Assistant on your phone.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Still borrowing A SAFE ✈️

Suggested posts