Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hiding songs issue

Hiding songs issue

Hi ,

On android , when I hide a song from a Public Playlist it proceed to hide that song in all of my own playlists.

So for example when I save/like a public playlist from spotify or some other user and hide songs from that public playlist because I already listened to some of them it proceed to hide those songs in all my personal playlists which is very annoying , wasn't happening until a few days/week.

and what an irony that you can't even hide song in personal playlist if I even wanted to , there is no option for that , you can remove the song instead of course.

4 Replies

Hi @koukou67,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

This is an expected behavior, as when you use the option to hide a song, the algorithm interprets this as you're not willing to see/hear this song across the whole platform. In a way you're telling the app to block this song and it does this globally affecting your followed playlists as well. Also, here is more info about how using those options could help you improve in time the personalized playlists presented to you.

To avoid such situation, and to have custom versions of the playlists you would like to follow without hiding/blocking any songs, then you can use the desktop app to create a new playlist and copy/add only the songs you'd like to keep in there. 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

well , it wasn't the case a few updates ago , kinda annoying... , it helped me avoid songs I already added to my own playlist and discover new ones and keep track what I already listened or not.

So now I need to copy paste the whole public playlist into my own and delete them there I get it. Thanks.

I'm having the exact same problem..reached out to Spotify chat and the agent was super unhelpful, just telling me repeatedly that it is impossible to hide a song just in a specific playlist. But like you, I was able to do that before the recent updates and this inability to hide songs from a specific playlist only applies to songs that I try to hide now. The songs I hid from specific public playlists still stay hidden on just those playlists but remain unhidden in my own playlists, as intended. Ugh so frustrating. I hope they bring this feature back...

correction:

The songs I hid from specific public playlists, before this new change, still stay hidden on just those playlists but remain unhidden in my own playlists, as intended.

Suggested posts