Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I stop spotify adding songs to my playlist

How do I stop spotify adding songs to my playlist

I am very annoyed. Spotify keeps doing this annoying "wE aDdEd" thing where it adds random songs to my playlists because they're under 15 songs. My "happy" playlist full of songs that lift my spirits up keeps getting invaded by random pop songs often from the 2000s or 2010s that don't do that. My "hurrian hymns" playlist keeps getting invaded by other ancient songs that are NOT made by hit 1400 BC band the Ancient Hurrians who wrote Hurrian Hymn No. 6. Now, you might be going to the comments to go "erm well just add more songs to your playlist until there's more than 15" that doesn't work. If I'm in a terrible mood I don't want to listen to 10000 filler songs before I get to the rare happy one and on my Hurrian Hymn playlist there are simply not enough hurrian hymns on spotify so I physically can't do that. Please add a setting to turn this off if you haven't got it already. 

1 Reply

Hi @jsmusicthings,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome!

If you've got a free account and you have less than 15 songs in your playlist, Spotify will add more and this is expected behavior. You will see a message telling you that the extra songs were added by us, but they can be replaced by adding more tunes.

We're always looking for ways to improve and offer better functions in the future and we really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this matter.

There's other users that think like you so it's definitely worth checking out this idea and giving your vote to show your support if you'd like. You can also subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

Should you need help with anything else, we're here 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts