Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove all offline devices?

How to remove all offline devices?

Hello.
I can't download playlists offline. I'm getting an error message "Device limit reached. Remove all downloads from another devices to listen offline with this one". This one is my primary device. I went through all of my other devices (phones/tablets/etc) and deleted all offline music (if there was any). I even used the option on the website to logout me from all devices and then and then I checked manually and made sure I was logged out everywhere.
I read that before there was an option to delete all offline devices from my account on the website, but this option is no longer available. How can I delete them and download the music to my phone, because I have to travel in roaming.
Plan: premium. Device: iOS.
Thank you.
Top Answer
MihailY

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

If you feel strongly about bringing back the feature that allowed for better control of your offline devices, make sure to cast your vote for this idea.

Otherwise, please reach out to the folks over at Customer Support if you're having issues locating the offline device that's preventing you from downloading to a new one.

Let us know if there's anything else.

Take care,

21 Replies

Hi @Ivaylo1,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

You probably have downloaded music on an older device. If you have access to it, you can remove the downloads either from the Spotify app (Settings > Remove all downloads) or by clearing the app's cache and data.

In case you no longer have access to one of these older devices, where you had downloaded music, you can instead get in touch with the folks over at Customer Support who'll be able to remove them remotely.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello.

Аs I mentioned above "I went through all of my other devices (phones/tablets/etc) and deleted all offline music (if there was any). I even used the option on the website to logout me from all devices...".

I wrote here because I didn't think I had to deal with customer support with such a problem.
I will write to them. Thanks.

Second that. Spotify used to have an option to delete files remotely from user end. Not sure why they removed that option

3 months later the problem still exists. Today I switched to another streaming platform and canceled my Spotify subscription.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts. Let's take a closer look into this together.

Can you start Spotify on a device which no longer needs the downloaded content and use the Remove all downloads button by going to Settings> Storage. If that doesn't do the trick it would be great if you could provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm having the same issue, I deleted all downloads from my other devices and it hasn't helped 

Hi there @Tzvi1,

Thank you for your reply in this thread and for the troubleshooting you've done so far!

Can you confirm if you:

• Used the Remove all downloads button by going to Settings> Storage
  • Manually remove all the downloaded offline content

Keep us posted.

Cheers 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy

I am having the same issue. Some more details:

• The device I want to remove downloads from is a windows 10 computer. It has no options to remove all downloads (see attached screenshot) using version 1.1.90.859.gf1bb1e36
  • I checked on my Android phone, and that option is available, however, it is not the device I want to clear

Thanks for your help.

spotify.png

Hey @FluxZA,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

If you want to delete your downloads from the desktop app, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the app.
  2. On the left bar, you can see the playlists you have downloaded. They have a gray arrow, right next to their names.
  3. Open your Library. This same gray arrow is visible on each downloaded playlist from the library view.
  4. Open each downloaded playlist and tap the green arrow at the top.

This way, you can remove the downloaded playlist from the desktop app. You can also run a clean reinstall of the app on your computer, so the offline music will be removed.

If this doesn't do the trick, you can contact our Customer Support team, so they can help you to remove the offline devices from your account. You can find how to contact them here.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

CarlosEModerator

Why is this so difficult?? I tried this but it didn't work for me either.

Would be nice if somewhere in the UI it showed the list of devices so you could see them and delete them from there. cant find that anywhere in mobile app, web app, or desktop app. 

I’ve been having the exact same problem. Have already done all the suggestions above bar call customer service. The downloads in question are clearly on older devices - why can’t they bring back the option they used to have? 

I had the same issue but it turns out i just had songs downloaded on my pc, try removing them from there?

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

If you feel strongly about bringing back the feature that allowed for better control of your offline devices, make sure to cast your vote for this idea.

Otherwise, please reach out to the folks over at Customer Support if you're having issues locating the offline device that's preventing you from downloading to a new one.

Let us know if there's anything else.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

it shows that remove all downloads from another device to listen on this one

So, same issue.  My phone died.  Have to send it away for repair or replacement and transfered data to my old phone.  Have spotify on my laptop, imac, phone (dead one) and an ipod.  As I had to wipe my old phone before sending it off I didn't have a chance to clear downloads.

Now I have literally no ability to clear downloads from my old phone to re-download them on my old phone.  There is NO way top remove downloads from an old device remotely, it has to be done on THE device in question; which in my case is impossible.

The supreme irony of this is that i can kick out everyone on my family plan but can't even remove downloads from another device on my side of things that I have no access to.

i have a personal premium account and some devices don't work anymore but still occupy a slot of connected device, how can i remove them from the list?

Estou tentando fazer o download das músicas no meu Galaxy Watch, mas tá dizendo que atingi o limite de dispositivos para download, porém atualmente só tenho músicas baixadas no meu celular, então acredito que essa msg se deva aos gadgets antigos que tinha download habilitado. Porém estes gadgets nem estão mais comigo, nem têm minha conta logada neles.

Hi, 

I had a similar issue. I sent a message on customer support on the website's live chat and they resolved the problem in a matter of minutes. Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue. 

That is just way too cumbersome. There ought to e an option named 'remove all offline content on this computer'. Not the 'access all playlist and do it individually' solution. Also, there ought to be an option when logged in on the computer, where you can manage all devices. I don't have 5 active devices, I have.... 3. And I cannot access the old devices. And cannot remove them. This ought to be fixed, or I'm afraid I'll have to remove my subscription to another company

Suggested posts