Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I was considering a return to Spotify, but all my starred tracks are gone from my account?

I was considering a return to Spotify, but all my starred tracks are gone from my account?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I used Spotify for years and years, but left during the Joe Rogan podcast controversy. I have missed my playlists that I spent that time building up, and was thinking about coming back to listen to them. However, two of my main playlists are no longer in my account. My main playlist was my starred songs, which I had built up a large and eclectic mix of music in. I will never be able to replace this. Is there a way to get this back? I guess they got removed in a feature update. I won’t return if this isn’t possible.

3 Replies

Hey @Miichael,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm not aware of it being removed (and my own starred playlist still exists). Do you still see all your other content on your account? If not, you've likely logged into a different account, so it's best to check out this guide for the next steps to take.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’m definitely in my own account, other playlists I have made are in there. But my starred songs and a playlist called “Mostly Crowdpleasers” are gone.

Thanks for letting me know. It's unlikely to be a second account then.

Have you tried restoring the two lost playlists yet?

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Account, select Recover playlists.
  3. Click Restore by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.
MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts