Liked songs not existing outside of my library

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22

My Question or Issue

Songs/albums that I've had 'Liked' for a long time; these versions seem to all have been replaced on Spotify with the exact same song/album but NOT the ones I've liked.

E.g. I've liked Album XYZ for years and is still appearing in my Liked Songs list, and I can still click into the album and play songs from it, but... if I search for that album in the general search function (not the search within my Liked Songs), Album XYZ appears but it is not 'liked'.

In short, my Liked Songs library is basically full of replica versions of songs and albums which don't appear in any public playlists or searches, but are all still functional, even though they don't seem to exist outside of my own library. How/why?!

1 Reply

Hey @kaeoiae ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The content distributors sometimes decide to update the submitted recording with a new one, which replaces the old one in the database. But there is still a pointer left from the old recording, which is in Your Library. If you use the pointer, you'll be able to initiate playback, but the new recording will not be a part of the Liked Songs as it is labeled as a different content than the previous one. Adding the new recording to your Liked Songs collection seems like a possible solution. You can then remove the old pointer from the collection.

Hope this makes sense,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts