Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files stuck on liked songs

Solved!

Local Files stuck on liked songs

Plan

Spotify Premium Family

Country

Portugal

Device

(iPhone SE (2020) , PC)

Operating System

(iOS 15.5, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

So I was clearing my liked songs and two of them are stuck there, I can still play them on my phone but not my pc and I can't remove them from there.

There is no heart symbol even though they are on the liked songs playlist, whenever I like the songs the song just duplicates, creating a copy where the songs it's liked.

The songs are not on my local files nor in a playlist.

image.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, I contacted Customer Support and someone was helping, he didn't do anything i haven't before, but suddenly i could remove them, so I guess it worked!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @yezy999,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We get that you want to clean your Liked Songs, but currently there are titles that can't be removed from there. This is strange behavior, so we'd suggest you to try and do a refresh for the app. To do so, you'd need log out and then to log back in the app, twice in a row! This sounds strange, but it's the mechanism to trigger a refresh between your account and our servers and it may help to resolve possible cache-related issues. See if this will shake things up and make those titles removable. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just logged out twice in a row, and nothing happened, I did it on my phone only.

When I get back home ill try to do that with my Spotify logged on my pc because thats where I store my local files.

I also just found out that the files also appear on my Local Files even though I don’t have the files anymore.

logged out on*

Hey there @yezy999

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In this case, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on both devices to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind letting us know if the same happens while using a different internet connection?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I ran a clean reinstall, followed every single step for the IPhone and Windows 10 and everything looks the same, songs are still liked... I'm currently using Windows 11 but the steps are still valid so I don't think that's the problem.

And yes, if you are referring to the songs still being stuck on Liked Songs while using a different internet connection, yes.

Even with local files off, only those 2 songs appear, even though I have like 1k local files, and if the Local Files are off I don't think they should appear at all.

Thank you for the help anyways!

image.png
image.png

Hello, I still have the problem...

Hi @yezy999!

I'm afraid it's not possible to remove these tracks. The only way to do it would be reaching out to Customer Support and asking them to revert the Liked Songs to a previous date when the local files hadn't been liked yet, however, since the tracks were added back in 2021, it's highly unlikely that the folks will be able to revert your Liked Songs to the day before that.

Another better workaround would be creating a new account. As for your playlists, Customer Support can transfer them so you won't lose them. If you were a member in the Family plan, you can ask the plan owner to send you a new invite. In case you were the plan owner, you'll have to start а new Family plan.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Hey, I contacted Customer Support and someone was helping, he didn't do anything i haven't before, but suddenly i could remove them, so I guess it worked!

I tried to remove 2 songs of my favourite songs, but I cant remove them somehow. (here is the link to the showcase https://cdn.jbugel.xyz/xovi8/viPaGiLO16.png )
I had to reinstall my whole phone, and I dont have access to these files anymore, so I can not remove them somehow.

Thanks 🙂

I could remove the song from Liked by first right-clicking the song, adding it to another playlist, finding the song in that playlist, and unliking the song from there. It disappeared from the Liked playlist after that.

Suggested posts