Step 1

NEXT STEP

My playlist or their playlist?

My playlist or their playlist?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have a question about the personal playlists which Spotify creates about us like Daily Mix or Chill Mix, On Repeat, etc. I'm looking at my desktop version right now and I can see that a person I follow listens to a Chill Mix and when I click it it turns out it's my Chill Mix with my name and the songs I listen to, not hers, but when I click on On Repeat playlist for example which another friend of mine listens, I can see her name there, her songs, not mine. Where does the difference come from? These are playlists which every Spotify user has.

1 Reply

Hi there, welcome to the community!

Let us see how this works. When we talk about playlists like On Repeat, Repeat Rewind, etc, if the user has made his/her playlist public then those playlists for another user would contain only the owner's tracks. Whereas many playlists like genre mixes, artist mixes, picked just for you playlists, years/era mixes are one and the same for everyone from the outside. What it means is, that even if someone made their one public, it would only contain tracks for the person who is viewing them.

Hope that clears things out. Don't hesitate to contact us again!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts