Playlist covers and titles not syncing

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Operating System

Android 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I try to change the cover on a playlist on my computer, it doesn't update. However, yesterday I changed the album covers and titles of a couple playlists on my phone. Now, on my phone everything updated like it should, but not on my computer. On my computer all the titles of playlists I changed got deleted (some of my playlists now have no name, it's empty), and the cover pictures didn't update. I waited for a day, I restarted the windows app, I logged out and in, and I redownloaded the app, but nothing works. Any tips?

b.png
5 Replies

Hi there @sweatprotection,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try with another internet connection on the computer to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can let us know if there's specific playlists this happens on or if it occurs on all playlists that you change the title and cover on?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks for your reply @Jeremy

I have done the full uninstall on my computer and my phone, and after downloading again, the playlists looked the same at least. However, all the playlists of which I changed the title or picture recently, now had no title and the standard 4-song picture. I then tried on my computer to change the title and the picture, the change to the title saved, but the standard picture stayed. After that, I tried changing this on my phone, and it looked like it saved, but on my computer the picture did not change. Now, on my phone, the picture looks good, but when I tap the 3 dots, it shows the standard picture. It looks like it didn't save the change. Last thing I tried was changing the picture of another playlist on my computer, but it said 'failed to save playlist changes'. Is there any reason why I might not be able to the pictures, while I can edit the songs in the playlist? Also, changing internet connection doesn't help, and this issue persists with all playlist I try to change the cover of.

Screenshot 2021-05-14 125739.png

Hi there @sweatprotection,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation. We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Can you log in with a different account on the devices and change the cover and title of one playlist to see if the issue persists? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks for your help so far, it's been a while, but I still have the problem on my main account.

I tried it on another account as you said though, and it worked! Therefore it seems like it's account related.

Maybe this narrows it down?

Hey @sweatprotection,

Thanks for the reply.

Since updating playlist info works fine with the new account, the issue might indeed be account related. In that case, you might consider transferring your music library over to a new account, following this Guide.

This issue could also be related to corrupted cache on one of your devices. Before you proceed with the account transfer, you can reach out to our customer support team, through one of the channels here and ask them to clear any corrupted devices on your account.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts