Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Motorola phone

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

A few weeks ago, I made a playlist for an upcoming festival. I also shared it with my girlfriend. Now, when I look at the playlist, I noticed that all songs from one specific artist are gone. My girlfriend still has the playlist saved and that one still includes the songs? When I search for the songs within the playlist, I find nothing. When I search for them on Spotify, I can find them, and it says that they are already in the playlist?? Help please.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Zaboinkski,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared. 

It might be worth checking if perhaps you've blocked that specific artist by accident. To do it, open the app on your mobile phone, then go to that Artist profile page. If you see this icon at the top of the artist's profile:

Then it means it's blocked. You can tap that icon or you can select the three-dot menu next to it and press Allow this artist to play.

If the above doesn't do the trick, would you mind sharing with us the playlist and the artist name? You can share the playlist by following these steps.

Lastly, just to confirm, does this happen on another playlist? Can you add songs by this artist to another playlist to see if you can replicate this behavior? Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi @Zaboinkski,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Did you notice if this started happening after something specific? Have you toggled any settings in the app?

We recommend going to Settings and privacy > Playback and then make sure to uncheck Hide Unplayable Songs. After that log out > log back in for a quick refresh.

On another note, it's also worth logging into your account on a different device to see how the playlist looks there.

Keep us posted 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello!

I remember no specific event that could have caused the issue. I did not change any settings.

I have enabled the unplayable songs but they still do not show up.

When I use Spotify on my PC, the songs do show up, so it only seems to be an issue on my phone.

Marked as solution

Hey @Zaboinkski,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared. 

It might be worth checking if perhaps you've blocked that specific artist by accident. To do it, open the app on your mobile phone, then go to that Artist profile page. If you see this icon at the top of the artist's profile:

Then it means it's blocked. You can tap that icon or you can select the three-dot menu next to it and press Allow this artist to play.

If the above doesn't do the trick, would you mind sharing with us the playlist and the artist name? You can share the playlist by following these steps.

Lastly, just to confirm, does this happen on another playlist? Can you add songs by this artist to another playlist to see if you can replicate this behavior? Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hello,

That worked! It seems like the artist somehow got blocked (I know for sure I didn't), so I unblocked them and now they re-appeared in the playlist. Thanks!

Hey @Zaboinkski,

Thanks for your reply 😄

We really appreciate you keeping us in the loop! We're glad you could sort this out. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if the app starts to behave again.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts