Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recommended songs on playlist error

Recommended songs on playlist error

Hi spotify, lately i've been having issues on my recommendations on my playlist. When i clicked on the refresh button, sometimes the songs disappears and loads the same song over again. It also made my playlist error (some songs that are already on the playlist looks like they're being added again???). I tried to delete and reinstall the app but it's not working. I tried to add few songs and delete my caches but it won't solve the problem. It would be nice if you can fix this as soon as possible, thank you!

7 Replies

Hey there @valie

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on a specific one? 

On another note, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the Spotify app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us a short screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

Thanks for replying! The error is happening on every device i use.

Here's a video about the issue.

Hey @valie,

Thanks for getting back to us and providing the screen recording.

Would you mind asking a friend or a family member to log in on your device and test if the app behaves the same way? This will help us understand if it's account related or not. 

On another note, does this affect all playlists or only certain ones?

Keep us posted. 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Lyubka,

Thanks for replying! Apparently, the issue occurs only on my account. It affects only on one of my playlists.

Hey @valie,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please let us know when you first noticed this behavior? 

It's also a good idea to copy over the songs into a new playlist and try if you'll still experience the same. 

Let us know how it goes. We'll be keeping an eye out for your update. 

LyubkaModerator

Hi lyubka,

This issue happened a few days ago (5 or 6 days ago?)

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately, it does the same thing and now all the songs in my recommends are all gone. 

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies and the troubleshooting tried so far.

As much as we'd like to dig deeper into this issue, we won't be able to as we think this behavior may be expected. The recommendations are due to run out at some point and the list will stop refreshing. But worry not, we have a brand new feature called "Smart Shuffle" which takes care of this. Just turn it on and enjoy the algorithm!

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts