Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Various (iPhone, Samsung)

Operating System

iOS 15, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello. I have a Premium account that my children and I use on various devices. It sometimes happens that offline playlists suddenly get deleted or switch to online status again. Also, my daughter has just bought a new phone (Samsung) and she cannot manage to sign up to Spotify with her new phone.

What could be wrong? Is it that there are too many devices linked to my Premium subscription, are there perhaps too many tracks offline or could it be something else?

Thanks,

Johan

1 Reply

Hey there @zighlveit,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community.

There is indeed a limit of how many devices you can have that contain offline music on them. The limit is 5 devices - so this includes phones and PCs. If you already have 5 devices with offline content downloaded to them, once you add a new device to the list, there'll be a pop up telling you that you've exceeded the maximum amount of the devices you were using for offline listening and that first you need to remove all downloads from another device to be able to continue.

Regarding the sign-up, there should be no issue with you logging in with your account on your daughter's phone. There could be a few factors causing this issue. What she can try is to create a new free account and try logging in with that, to test if the log in works at all. If that doesn't work, let us know what error message she's receiving.

In general sharing a Spotify account with multiple people is not recommended for security reasons. If you have a few family members using your account, we'd recommend creating a Family plan, where up to 6 people can have their own Premium account included in a single monthly bill. This way you'd all be able to listen to music whenever you want, as using one account will interrupt playback for anyone else if you start listening on your device.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts