Country

UK

Device

Macbook, Samsung A20, Windows 10 Desktop

Operating System

macOS Monterey, Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello Spotify team,

I suspect there might be a problem with Top Tracks This Month when it comes down to tracking what songs have been listened to the most.

The reason for my suspicion is that I'm seeing tracks I've listened to just a few times occupy positions in 'Top Tracks This Month' versus tracks that I've listened to a lot more not even being displayed on the list.

One such example is a song (Blood on the Soil by Six ft. Ditch) that I've played maybe 5 times total in the past few days and does not even exist in my playlists, being ranked at spot 42; on the other hand, a track (Once Upon a Nightmare by Epica) that I do have in my playlists and I've listened to both, on repeat for almost an hour and while shuffling playlists, does not even appear in the list.

I know this might be quite insubstantial as evidence, but I'm sure there's probably other users out there who have noticed the same.

Let me know if you need any additional information, please!

Thanks,

Winter

3 Replies

Hello @Winter141 

Thanks for reaching out.

I'd like to know what app/site you used to track those stats, I'm assuming it was spotistats?

At the moment,there haven't been any similar complaints.

I'd recommend trying basic troubleshooting steps like

• Clearing app cache
  • Restart your device
  • Log out of your account and back in

If those don't work, you could try using other sites like Volt.fm to see if you'll get a different result.

Thanks 🎧🖤

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Taylith!

Apologies for the delayed reply, I'm not using a 3rd party app/site to look at those stats, it's purely observation based looking at my Top Track This Month from the Profile page on the desktop Spotify app.

I know this probably doesn't count for a whole lot and it'd be hard to troubleshoot it, but I'm still seeing the "Blood on the Soil" track ranked at 23, while "Once Upon a Nightmare", which I've listened on repeat a few times in the past few weeks not even appearing on the list.

Thanks once again for reaching out.
And you need not apologize for replying after this long.
I'm not exactly using the desktop app so I can't pretend to know much about those rankings.
If I do come across some info, I'll let you know.
It might also be hard to track because I believe this is the only complaint thus far
TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts