Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are most of my playlists invisible to other users ?

Solved!

Why are most of my playlists invisible to other users ?

Hi ! I have made more than 50 playlists. However, since the very beginning, only 7 or 8 of them appear to other users (checked with friends and family on varied devices). How is this possible ?? I have to send the link of every playlist to my friends, which I suppose, is NOT an obligation to Spotify users ? This has been going on for more than a year. Help please !!

Plan

Premium Family

Country

France

Device

(any kind of devices)

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @patbasblast,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the clarification.

We're sorry if the term used caused any confusion. What we mean is that even if the playlist is set to public, it will not be displayed on your profile until you select the option Add to your profile (shown in the previous screenshot). So make sure that any playlist you want to be displayed on your profile has this option selected.

Hope this clarifies things a bit. If anything else comes up, the Community is just a post away!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @patbasblast,

Thanks for reaching out!
Please make sure that the privacy settings to the playlists in question are not set to 'Private'.
Setting them to 'Public' and adding them to your profile will ensure that they are visible when anyone opens your Spotify profile.

Aside from this though, any unpinned public playlist will have to be shared via a link so that it can be accessed.

Hope this helps! We're here for you should any further questions come to mind 🙂

VasilModerator

Thanks for answering,**bleep**, of course, I am aware of this option and the playlists I am talking about are all 'public'. Turning them once to Private and once again to Public, has not changed their "unavailability"

Sorry, I answered too quickly (and the 'bleep' above is not my fault, I had written arobaseVasil...?).

Yes, the 2nd part of your reply mentions "unpinned public playlists". I don't know this tool : would you be kind to explain what is a 'pinned' and 'unpinned' playlist ?

Marked as solution

Hey @patbasblast,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the clarification.

We're sorry if the term used caused any confusion. What we mean is that even if the playlist is set to public, it will not be displayed on your profile until you select the option Add to your profile (shown in the previous screenshot). So make sure that any playlist you want to be displayed on your profile has this option selected.

Hope this clarifies things a bit. If anything else comes up, the Community is just a post away!

OscarDCModerator

Thank you so much OscarDC. This was THE KEY !! I should have paid more attention to this menu, indeed. Yes, it solves the problem. Thank you again !!

Hey there @patbasblast,

Thanks the reply and for letting us know it worked. That's great news 🙂 

Feel free to reach out on the Community again, should anything else pop up.

Cheers!

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts