Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I just see a simple feed of new releases from artists I follow on Spotify Desktop?

Why can't I just see a simple feed of new releases from artists I follow on Spotify Desktop?

I have Spotify Desktop on Windows, Linux, & Mac. On none of these platforms can I find a simple reverse chronological feed of releases from artists I follow. I cannot fathom why this has been available on mobile for years but somehow is still absent from desktop Spotify, despite so much of the mobile & desktop UI converging.

Spotify has a personalized playlist called 'Release Radar'  which I guess is used as a justification inside Spotify for not providing Desktop users an actual feed. 'Release Radar' just doesn't cut it as a way to discover music my favorite artists have been putting out.

• It mixes music from wildly different genres, like ambient music, black metal, and funk, making it a miserable listening experience.
  • It doesn't include releases from all the music my favorite artists have been putting out! This alone makes it a terrible stand in for an actual feed!
  • It automatically changes regularily, meaning I have no ability to go back and see releases from the last few months on Desktop.

I don't know if Spotify engineers & designers ever look at this forum, but I can only hope something changes here. This was something that worked great on desktop literally 15 years ago! I've resorted to subscribing to the artists I want to track on YT Music just so I can at least get a subscription feed that works properly.

3 Replies

Hey there @dan51,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

The What’s New feed is only available for mobile devices at the moment. However, we understand you'd like to have it on your desktop app as well. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps inform our decisions going forward.

Now, it seems other users feel the same way, and an idea to add the feature to the desktop app has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. Check out this FAQ to learn more about it. 

If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah it's crazy this doesn't exist. Fortunately, there is a great third party app that do it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/truespotify/comments/woj5z6/where_can_i_see_new_released_songs_from_artists...

It works great. 

i follow many artists, but as far as I can tell there is no way to filter my followed artists.

for example: I’d like to be able to see which of my followed artists had a release in 2023 so I can figure out what my favorite release of 2023 was.

Suggested posts