Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

liked songs glitch on playlists/artists

liked songs glitch on playlists/artists

spotify free and premium

acer swift 3 with windows 10

i'm unaware if this affects mobile or not

i have a playlist that i've been using since 2018. only in 2021 did i start using the liked song feature. i liked all of the songs in my big playlist, but some of the songs that were added in 2018 were glitched in other playlists and in the artist's page. for example, i added a song to my playlist in 2018 and liked it. when i go to its artist's page under "songs you liked", it is liked there. however, when the same song is in other people's playlists, it is not liked there. when i go to the album it's from, it is not liked either. it only says it's liked in my older playlist and under "songs you liked".

anyone know how to fix this without having to re-add songs to my big playlist? i think this also happened to me with other artists i know who had licensing issues, but this particular artist didn't have that. 

3 Replies

Hey there @poke2882 

I'm trying to understand what exactly the issue is
Can we first confirm a few things

By "glitches" you don't mean problems with playback right?

Also sometimes artists release a track ahead of an album even though it's in the album.

This may lead to it appearing as two different songs.

Could this be the issue?

If these don't match it, I think attaching screenshots would be helpful.
Thanks 

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

yeah, there is no problem with playback.

spotify is just inconsistent with showing where i've liked certain songs. for example, the attached song is shown to be liked in my own playlist and on the artist's "songs you like" page, but it not shown to be liked in other playlists or on the actual album itself.

Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (13).png

Really glad you provided that screenshot @poke2882 , should make things easier.

If you compare those two tracks carefully, they're virtually the same but they differ in duration.

As I said earlier, it could be that one of them was released prior to the release of an album or any other issue which led to the same song appearing as different ones.

The difference is a mere second but in this case, it counts.

You could add one of those to your liked songs and add it to playlists you wish to see it in and confirm if the issue persists.

Alternatively , add both to liked songs so that in whatever playlist you find them in, they're marked as liked, regardless of which one it is.

I hope I've been of assistance. Thank you 🎧🖤

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts