Premium

Country

UK

Device

Google Pixel 4a, Desktop PC

Operating System

Andriod 13, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Im trying to add various songs not on spotify onto a playlist, I downloaded the album both on my phone and my desktop pc. The only song that spotify recognised as the same on both my pc and phone was the first one I added, the rest of them are only recognised on one device

blu3113_0-1669753642036.png

Screenshot_20221129-202733.png

 I can play the album through spotify on both devices, it just doesnt seem to link them in the playlist (again, apart from the first one I added, that one works fine for some reason)

2 Replies

Hi there @blu3113,

Thanks for the post.

The way local files work has been changed a bit a while a ago. 

Your phone will recognize local files uploaded to the phone itself as different tracks than those you've added to a playlist on your PC and the downloaded on your phone from the Spotify app, even if they have the same title/ artist. This is why you're seeing this difference. 

The songs which have been uploaded from your phone's memory are read as .mp3 (or whatever format they're in) from your phone's memory. Whereas the ones synced from your PC are read as Spotify cache files, no different than the downloaded songs from your Liked Songs for example.

You can read more about the upload process here.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

WHY DID YALL DO THIS

-arnav

Suggested posts