Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

1) Can't delete song from iPhone while playing 2) Spotify crashes when switching away

1) Can't delete song from iPhone while playing 2) Spotify crashes when switching away

2) I have added hundreds of songs that I may or may not enjoy to a particular playlist. When I'm listening it's usually while jogging or driving and if I hear a song I dislike, I want to delete it there and then. I don't have any way to write the song down then, and so editing the playlist later is not much use. Can an on-the-run delete option be considered as a future feature?

2) When I am running or driving I typically have other apps going on too, such as maps or Runtastic (iPhone). But unless Spotify is kept on top, if I click away and go back, it always crashes and has to re-start. Quite a distraction in the car, obviously. Why is this?

3) Why is the name of the song so much bigger than the name of the artist? Can't they both be at the same size so I can see who I'm hearing?

I am using Spotify Premium on iPhone 4s with latest updated OS.

1 Reply

Hey @boppyqt!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

Issue 1 is strange. I can delete songs on the fly. It's a bit more steps than in Songs though. In playlists you have to scroll to the top of your playlist then hit Edit. (You can do this while listening.) Once you've tapped Edit you can delete songs from your playlist.

Problem 2 likely has to do with the age of your iPhone. I have an iPhone 4s too and Spotify occasionally crashes for me too. I solved it by throwing out almost all other apps to make some space. Other than deleting apps and not using too many at the same time, I'm afraid the only solution would be to buy a new phone.

As fo point 3, most users just wat to know the name of the song and only occasionally the name of the artist. If you want to change it, why not post an idea here so we can vote for it? 😉

I hope this solves your problems/answers your questions! If you need any help just shout.

Suggested posts