Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

APP FREEZES AFTER SKIPPING FEW SONGS

APP FREEZES AFTER SKIPPING FEW SONGS

After a few skips of songs, the app freezes on one song and stops working. I have to close and reopen the app all the time.

I did a clean install, cleared the cache, deleted some songs for some space, update the app. I use an ipod.

please help!!! I cannot find any similar issue
thanks

46 Replies

Same here, updated to latest 8.8.**bleep**.646 and the app still freezes. I guess it's time for a new phone....shame....

Adding my details here!

We've had this happen on multiple different devices and accounts; all updated to the latest version. We've tried all of the above mentioned solutions and the issue continues to persist. 

We have also had the issue on a brand new 2023 Subaru CarPlay , and it's done the same thing. 
We managed to get videos on the Iphone and CarPlay
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X235jjvTakJcajfGR6CVhXvNjpXTlqKx?usp=sharing

It has been doing it for months now,and seems to primarily happen on our 'liked' playlists. It's sporadic and doesn't seem to be any set number of songs before it happens.

It happens outside of wifi and on wifi, and we do not have a VPN in use.

It happens on Iphone 6s, Iphone Xr, Android Pixel and Subaru CarPlay.

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

iPhone / iPad Pro

Operating System

iOS 16.6.1

My Question or Issue

Version 1:
  1. Open app

2. Press play

3. Song plays

4. Click skip

5. Shows new song but nothing plays (Grey album art and playback bar keeps glowing grey as if it's loading)

6. Skip again. Now the new songs name shows but no audio and the album cover art is grey

7. App needs to be restarted

Version 2:
  1. Open app

2. Search for artist/song/etc

3. Press play

4. No response from app

5. App needs to be restarted

Version 3:

1. Open app

2. Press play

3. Song ends

4. New song never starts 

5. App needs to be restarted

Just installed the new update on the iphone 6s. It was ok with the last one, now its freezing even after one skip

Ok, better again. Driving me nuts😂

Mine does it as well for the last few months. It’s severe now. Before I could just close the app and it would work again. Now it’s continuous and I cannot even go through listening to 5 songs without it doing it. Extremely frustrating. 

Hey there folks,

We've noticed that this thread is getting increased views and we have a new one explaining the situation here.

If you have any input regarding this - feel free to share it in the new thread! 🙂

Hope you'll find this useful.

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts