NEXT STEP

Albums won’t load

Albums won’t load

iOS 17.2.1

iPhone 14 Pro

Spotify Version 8.9.14.526

premium plan

usa

For a few days now, I can’t get albums to load. I can play music from an Artist’s page’s Popular Songs, but when I try to go into an album, it never fully loads. If I wait long enough, it eventually crashes the app. This happens on any album, any artist. I deleted and reinstalled the app, wondering if local cache or disk usage was the issue, but no improvement; just lost my downloaded content for no benefit 😞 

Anyone else experiencing this? Any tips?

IMG_5178.png
4 Replies

I have exactly the same problem, simular device (iphone14) and my downloaded albums in offline mode wont load… also tried everything. Reinstalling, clearing cashe… nothing changed. Only thing that helps is log out and log in, but jist for s few moments. How can we fix this please?

Hi there @Chrisness, @Jonas_d123,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• Is this on all devices or only on iPhone?
  • When did this start happening? Did it coincide with an update to the app or the device?
  • Does this happen on different networks too? If you haven't tested this out, please do so.

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Joan, thanks for the follow-up.

• It doesn’t appear to affect my desktop, only my mobile app.
  • I first noticed it about 7 days ago - I don’t think I had an OS update then, but I don’t know if the app did a background update.
  • It happens on both my home Wi-Fi and my 5G cell network. 

Thanks for the info @Chrisness!

A new version of the app should be out now. Could you try updating Spotify to see if that alleviates the issue? If possible, try logging in to another account (a friend's or a relative's would do) to check if the behavior persists there.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts