Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth sporadic connectivity issues while playing music; cuts in and out

Bluetooth sporadic connectivity issues while playing music; cuts in and out

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max with the most up to date operating system. Since purchasing the phone a year ago I have had chronic connectivity issues with multiple Bluetooth devices. The song will be playing fine, then will cut out for several seconds, pick back up, cut out again, pick back up and then speed up, maybe slow down the song, and then listening goes back to normal. This happens multiple times while connected to Bluetooth devices.

I've tried hard resetting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I even took my phone into Apple and had the entire Bluetooth portion of my phone replaced because we could not figure it out.

It only happens with Spotify, this does not happen with the Apple Music, Amazon Music, or YouTube Music
5 Replies

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the issue occur with a different account on your device? It'd be great if you can ask a friend or a family member that has a Spotify account to log in on your iPhone to see if the app behaves the same way.

In case the issue persists, it'd be great if you could let us know your phone's OS version along with the exact Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I've had the same problem for months - it happens with spotify and apple music - iPhone connected to bluetooth speaker, sound cuts out for a few seconds, plays, cuts out, etc.  It doesn't happen playing through phone speaker.  I'm sure it's bluetooth interference but it's so annoying.  Turning up volume on phone helps but doesn't fix.

Hey @jamwin,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Just to confirm, is this happening when you're listening to music on both Spotify & Apple Music apps on your device via Bluetooth?

In the meantime, we'd suggest that you to log out > restart your device > log back in.

It is also a good idea to clear cached files by following the steps here and make sure that Background App Refresh  is toggled on for Spotify

In case you're still experiencing this, we'd suggest that you turn your Bluetooth off and back on again in the phone's system settings, forget the speaker where this issue is present and then link it again. 

Hope this helps. We'll be on the lookout for your response. 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have the same problem, i already forget the speaker and link it again, clear the cached files and reinstalled spotify, but the problem still remains, stame phone and last version of OS and spotify

Hey @Ababbyyx,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Just to check, does the same thing happen if you use the Connect feature with the speaker? 

Also, if possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in their own Spotify account on your device to see if the same thing happens?

Keep us posted.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts