Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play Local Songs

Can't play Local Songs

I'm french so excuse me first for my english.

Since 1 or 2 month i got a bug , i can't play local songs, on the spotify application ( before on Iphone 5S , and now on Iphone 6 )
I can play them on the application on my windows 8.1, they all works, but when i switch to my Iphone he wrote me this french message : " Impossiblre de lire le titre" traduction " Impossible to read this track" 
The sync is good , all tracks appears sync, and able to be read in offline mode, the text is wrote in white so...
I'm a premium user from 2years now, and i never be than desgusting by your services,so now i pay only for using your online track, and can't read my personal playlist ( the most i listnen ) and i can't find the tracks i want to listnen in your repertoire.
So please help me Spoti ....

IMG_2261.PNG
IMG_2263.PNG
5 Replies

Sorry for the trouble!

Right now there is a bug in the iPhone app that causes some local files with special characters in the title (parenthesis, commas, dashes, etc.) to not work when you try to play them.

This bug might be what is causing you to have problems.

The developers are looking into this and hopefully it will be fixed soon in an update. If it's not fixed in the next update, then hopefully it will be fixed in one shortly after that. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I know that bug, but all that tracks who don't work cause of parenthesis, commas, dashes..  was in a grey color , like no sync tracks , so i just rename on my pc this type of tracks on re uploaded it in my playlist , now they work, but still some tracks who don't work, they don't have any parentheses commas dashes or other , only letters , they are sync ( or they seems to be )  , but still can't read them, did you know if your next update will fix that bug or not ?

It could be that the problem you are having is related to the bug.

I don't have any more information on when this might be fixed, but as soon as I know more, I'll post back here and let you know.

MattSudaSpotify Star

ok , so i have to be patient , thank to you 🙂
Have a nice day

You're welcome!

I will bookmark this page and post back when I have more info on when this might be fixed. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts