Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t see album covers because “More” button has been replaced with “edit” on created playlists

Can’t see album covers because “More” button has been replaced with “edit” on created playlists

Plan-free

country- US

device- iPhone 13 (IOS)

problem-

On my own created playlists the “more” button has been replaced with an a button titled “edit” and when I click that button it opens my playlist but it does not show any of the album covers, only a white circle with a dash in the middle. I used to be able to preview the songs in my playlist but now I can only delete them. Pictures are attached bellow.

9EB94BF5-153D-4039-AFD0-D11CC63264CB.jpeg

  when I click edit:

EF3308C4-616D-4203-83D9-10B7618CE8F2.jpeg

40 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you send us the Spotify version installed on your device? Additionally, let us know if this happens when logging in with a different free account (if possible).

We'll be holding up.

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hi there @naha,

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Can you let us know your exact Spotify version?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi! Yes, it’s 8.7.42.1716, I updated it just a few days ago.

Hi there @Dingle39,

Thanks for posting in the community!

We believe that this is an expected situation here, as you've mentioned to have transitioned from using the Premium services to the free experience. The on demand playback and previewing of songs in playlists is a feature you have available with the Premium subscription plan. You can see here, more about the different tiers of our services. 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey there @naha

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind sending us a short screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

On another note, could you check if the same happens if you log in to your account on a different phone? 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, here’s the google drive link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jX3tFnQVDH0YgH2BdbzvElXmX9e0q-Kw/view?usp=drivesdk

I don’t have any other phone to try it on, but it worked when I had an android prior to this iphone, and it also worked on this iphone a few months ago. 

Hi,

the version listed in the app is 8.7.42.1716.

I was able to have a friend log into my device with a free account and they didn’t experience the problem. I also logged into my account on their device and nothing changed. 

I added a song from search and when I get back to the playlist it says edit instead of add more.

I have also tried to delete the app, restart my phone, and log out. 

Hi there @user-removed,

Thank you for your reply.

Just to confirm, do you see the same behavior on your friends phone with your account as you do from your phone?

On another note, if you create a new account, do you get the same behavior?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi,

yes, the same problem occurs on my friends phone in my account. I tried to create a new account but you have to have a different email, so I would have to delete this account first. 

Hey @naha

Thanks for sending us this info. 

Just to make sure, in order to view the songs in the playlist are you tapping on the songs' list? Once you tap on them, you should be able to preview the list.

If you tap on them and nothing happens, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to see if they can replicate this? We're trying to check if this is account or device related.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi! Yes I’m tapping the list but nothing happens. I got a friend of mine to log into her account on my phone and she was able to preview the lists, but it still doesn’t work for me. So defo not device related!

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for your reply. 

This sounds like an account-related issue. To confirm that, we suggest that you try creating a new test account to check if the same happens there. 

No worries, you don't have to delete your current account. You just need to log out and head over here. It'll give you other options than using your email address to create the new account (like Facebook). 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

Hi,

I created a new account and it works perfectly, therefore it is account related. Is there any way to fix the issue without having to transfer all of my playlists to a new account? If not, is there an easier way to transfer my playlists to the new account?

Hi again @user-removed,

Thanks for your confirmation.

Sometimes there are specific issues or behaviors isolated to an account that can't be solved with any troubleshooting, so the best option is to create a new account, such as in this case.

Regarding the transfer of your content to a new account, you just need to follow the steps in this guide.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

EniModerator

Hello Kiril,

I think this is a horrible addition to Spotify. I’m speaking truthfully not just because of me. But i think you should revert it back and you might lose some customers due to this. I personally have been part of the spotify community for forever it feels like. I haven’t had one complaint. This is my first one though. Thank you,

Logging out and back in twice fixed this for me! I am very glad.

I cannot see my albums on my playlist and I want to pick that song I have the free version of Spotify and my version is 8.7.82..107

Hey @Wyatt82,

Thanks for your reply.

We'd like to add some insights. Keep in mind our free experience on mobile is different: music on-demand is a Premium feature. If your account is on our free service, you can skip and select songs only on 15 playlists chosen by Spotify based on your likes, as well as personalized playlists, including Daily Mix, Discover Weekly and Release Radar. The desktop app for free users works differently than the app on the phone. You can read more about it in this article.

So, if you want to play a playlist made by you, keep in mind it'll play on shuffle by default. 

On another note, can you let us know more details regarding what you mean by you can't see albums in your playlist?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts