Premium

Country

uk

Device

(iPhone se

Operating System

(iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify no longer notifys me when i'm about to add a duplicate song to a playlist- and I mean literlaly the same, from the same album etc.

When I go to delete the duplication it deletes both.

This is obviously extremely irritating

1 Reply

Hey @1111137990,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

In this case, we'd like to add some insights. Sometimes the artist or the copyright owner decides to publish multiple versions of the same content with different metadata. They might look similar, but they might have different data associated with them. For example, take this song, which has this Deluxe version, These are different versions of the same track. 

If you add any one of them to the same playlists, you won't get a warning about adding this song previously. If your playlist is small, you can take the following steps and manually filter out those versions:

1. Open your playlist on a desktop or web app.
  2. Sort the tracks by title.
  3. Batch select the versions you want to remove from your favorite songs or from the playlist.

In another scenario, it's possible you see multiple copies of the same content. The copyright owner might take down the previous version of a song and replace it with a new one or simply publish a new one with different metadata. Sometimes the app might not be able to differentiate between the two, and that's why you won't receive a warning and both versions are removed. 

We understand where you're coming from, and we'd like you to know another user had a similar request, so they posted this idea about it. Feel free to add your vote, and you can also subscribe to it in the three-dot menu. That way, you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts