Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Failing to play whole songs. Some songs dont play at all.

Solved!

Failing to play whole songs. Some songs dont play at all.

Hello. I got a Spotify Premium account, and I got the same issues while using it on both my PC (Windows 10) and my Iphone 6 plus, running iOS 8.4.

Now to the issue, when I attempt to play a song. Sometimes it will refuse to play at all, and just stand still at 00:00. Sometimes it succeed and start playing the song, however the audio stops after approx half the song but it continues to "play". When the audio stops I have to reverse it 1second or start from beginning to get the audio back.

Another weird thing I noticed was that I was able to play songs at both my PC and the Iphone at the same time using the Online mode... Which is pretty weird? It usually suggests Spotify Connect... It's like the devices doesnt sense eachother anymore. In addition to this (yeah there's more) It's like it failed to synch my playlists to Offline mode, and I can no longer see my playlists through the phone. It's like it's attempting to synch but it cant show me anything. Favorites: 0. It's definetly not 0.

The internet is not the issue here, I've been trying with both 4G and over Wifi. The PC is connected through cable, and all these 3 in common got problems lately with Spotify only. I've got a fiber at home and I'm certain this isnt the problem as I usually play games or do different things on the net without any issues, ever.

The PC is also a gaming PC so the specs can handle Spotify without a doubt. 

Please help me, this is getting really annoying. I just cant bother using Spotify anymore since I can only listen to some songs and when I do get one to play only half will play... It's really tiresome...

Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @dankar2000 & welcome to the Community!

Your case seems pretty weird.

I'll give you some set of steps that I'd recommend you to follow.

Firstly, please head over to your account settings and click on "Log Out Everywhere"

After doing this, I'd recommend you to reinstall the Spotify apps on your devices with these steps:

For your Windows 10 PC:

1. (In case you have the Spotify program open) Click File > Exit.
  2. Open Control Panel. (It's a bit hard to find on W10. You can open it by right clicking on the Windows icon at the bottom left corner and then clicking on Control Panel).
  3. Click Programs then Programs and Features.
  4. Select Spotify in the list and click Uninstall.
  5. Press the keys Windows+R simultaneously.
  6. Type in "%appdata%" (Without the quotes).
  7. Search for the Spotify folder and delete it.
  8. Go to http://www.spotify.com/download and reinstall Spotify.

Fot your iPhone:

1. On the home screen, tap and hold the Spotify icon until it shakes.
  2. Tap the X symbol on the icon.
  3. Hold the Home and Power buttons down together until the Apple logo appears.
  4. Open the App Store then search for and install the Spotify app.

This will basically reset completely both of your Spotify clients. Clean reinstalls help to fix most of the issues on the apps.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @dankar2000 & welcome to the Community!

Your case seems pretty weird.

I'll give you some set of steps that I'd recommend you to follow.

Firstly, please head over to your account settings and click on "Log Out Everywhere"

After doing this, I'd recommend you to reinstall the Spotify apps on your devices with these steps:

For your Windows 10 PC:

1. (In case you have the Spotify program open) Click File > Exit.
  2. Open Control Panel. (It's a bit hard to find on W10. You can open it by right clicking on the Windows icon at the bottom left corner and then clicking on Control Panel).
  3. Click Programs then Programs and Features.
  4. Select Spotify in the list and click Uninstall.
  5. Press the keys Windows+R simultaneously.
  6. Type in "%appdata%" (Without the quotes).
  7. Search for the Spotify folder and delete it.
  8. Go to http://www.spotify.com/download and reinstall Spotify.

Fot your iPhone:

1. On the home screen, tap and hold the Spotify icon until it shakes.
  2. Tap the X symbol on the icon.
  3. Hold the Home and Power buttons down together until the Apple logo appears.
  4. Open the App Store then search for and install the Spotify app.

This will basically reset completely both of your Spotify clients. Clean reinstalls help to fix most of the issues on the apps.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Ive tried uninstalling before, but never attempted to log out from every device before. This worked with success it seemes! I can see my favorite list again, I'll bump if there's any other issue showing up!

Thank you so much for your help, I can enjoy my Spotify once again... After months loss :(.

Suggested posts