Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Solved!

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Hello everyone! Spotify here.

We are looking into customer reports about issues with offlined playlists on iOS devices (music which is downloaded to your phone so you can play without an internet connection). Our investigation shows that some folks might have experienced some issues with this so we were hoping you could answer some questions to help us diagnose the problem.

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?

Thanks,
Team Spotify
506 Replies

@Carl2DCommunity 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi!

Question 1
Yes, I have made a playlist available offline. But no, I don't have any problems listening to it when I'm without Internet connection.

Q2
And the playlist doesn't constantly download when I start Spotify.

I have a different problem.
When I'm using Safari, mail, games, pretty much any app on my iPhone 6 my offline available playlist is interrupted. It lags but always continue to play the song I'm listening to at the moment. The interruption is annoying though.
This started after the last update, I think. I'm using version 2.5.0 with iOS 8.1.3 at the moment.

Hey guys,

So far, a complete reinstall of Spotify on my desktop and iPhone has done the trick. Every track on my offline playlists is available. Here's hoping that it stays like this. I recommend talking to Spotify via @SpotifyCares on Twitter if you have it. They responded to me pretty quickly. Although their supposed maintenance of my account didn't work, they did keep giving me options to try.

Good luck peoples 😊

Good afternoon.  I have a problem with the iOS Spotify app when not using WiFi.  The music that I have synced shows up and plays great from the Albums view, but nothing will show up in the Artists view.  I'm running iOS 8.1.3 and my Spotify app is up to date. Thanks.

Hi,

3 offline devices on my account.  My android (no issues) and 2 iphones (5s and 6).  Both iPhones will not stay in offline mode.  I select offline mode and within seconds it turns offline mode off.

I have been able to "force" it to stay in offline mode by putting the phone in airplane mode but as soon as I put the phone off of airplane mode spotify switches offline mode off.

So basically the 2 iphones cannot use offline mode...any ideas?

Thanks

How to become a Rock star:  

cut and paste this response to all grievances:

"I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help."

I still have the same problem.  As always it exists on my Kindle too.

Using my iphone, I build playlists setting "available offline".

I cannit listen those playlists with no internet connections.

What can I do to solve that?

Marked as solution

Yes - in response to question #1.  

I have made multiple playlists and tried to listen to them offline on my iphone 4S but only 1 song is available.  I gave my phone plenty of time to download the playlist while in wifi and still only 1 song downloaded.  This is very frustrating especially since I am a premium user. 

Thanks mendomaid.  I will try that.

Arrrggghhhhh! It's done it again! The app updated yesterday and promptly wiped all my offline local music files. Why the h3ll can't you just fix the issue? Enough people on here told you about it.

Resync and turn off automatic updates if you can. I'm ignoring all Spotify
updates until I know for sure that they've addressed this. So far so good.

"my mind is in my work, but my heart is on the dance floor."

the problem i'm having now is that after wiping my local files from my iphone, the desktop app won't see the iphone now so I can't even resync.

I've reinstalled both apps, switched off the firewall - everything. No joy. 

Think I'll check Deezer out.

I have had the issue on my old iPhone 5 and now again on my iPhone 6 where i select 'available offline' and tracks will get stuck in a download loop. I have to turn off my cellular data on my phone and closely monitor each song in the playlist. I used 4gb in one day just from this bug. It has now cost me over $100 in excess data because I became distracted yesterday and left the wifi area for a few hours.

For something that's a paid service, I'm really over excess data due to this.

My playlists and saved music that I have saved for offline mode have stopped syncing to my iPhone. It's definitely not a problem with available space on my phone, and I'm not at my 3,333 song limit. What should I do to resolve this?

Most of my previously offline files have remained offline, but some local files have been removed and newly added tracks will not sync onto the device.

Like @MattSuda suggested, I contacted Spotify support about the problem. Suggestion: delete and re-install the app. Which actually worked.... Until the latest update. Then a lot of offline songs were gone again. And Spotify responded that the offline synchronisation is really broken for now, no idea when they will be able to fix it...

A formal complaint is the next step for me...

This is unacceptable - I’ve got to the stage when I ignore the updates

Still having same issues plus more!  I removed my credit card from the account and I'm still being charged... plus, yesterday I logged in and  it says I'm a free user, and I never received the 3 months of premium promised to me by Spotify support for my troubles! Any way you slice it, this is fraud on multiple levels.  The cherry on top is this:  The Spotify Support link is broken and I can't even formally complain about it.

Separately.....how do you plan to file a formal complaint? To whom?

Maybe the best leverage is to keep giving poor reviews in the app rating system

This has class action lawsuit written all over it, Red Bull don't give you wings, and Spotify doesn't give you offline music but still charges you for the service!!!

Suggested posts