Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Solved!

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Hello everyone! Spotify here.

We are looking into customer reports about issues with offlined playlists on iOS devices (music which is downloaded to your phone so you can play without an internet connection). Our investigation shows that some folks might have experienced some issues with this so we were hoping you could answer some questions to help us diagnose the problem.

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?

Thanks,
Team Spotify
506 Replies

When you say can't sync, will it not sync at all? Do you have at least 1GB+ of free storage space?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have an issue that may have been addressed already so if it has I am sorry for the duplicate post.

When I sync for offline mode, I get about half of the songs to sync. It seems that the songs that are not on Spotify but in my iTunes are not syncing. I have a local files tab and I can drag it to playlists, but as soon as I try and go into offline mode it will not sync it for offline use. I also cannot get my iphone 5s to get reconized under the device tab. I have connected it through USB and Wi-Fi and still nothing. 

I have done EVERYTHING I can find on the forums and nothing has worked. I have disconnected, restarted, reinstalled, Turned off Firewall, everything I have done has not worked. VERY frustrating considering I pay for a service I cannot use.

If you can't see the device in the desktop client, then something outside of Spotify is preventing the two clients from talking to each other on the network.

Double check all firewalls (incl. ones on your router) are disabled temporarily, as well as ensuring that uPnP is enabled on your router.

Peter

Hello!

I'm still having this problem, here are the details:

I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1
I have a spotify premium account
I created several playlist using the web application in my laptop
I'm able to see those playlist in the iOS app
I can play those songs in my iPhone
When I make one playlist "available online" the songs are downloaded and the icon of each song changes to a green downside arrow
Those offline songs cannot be played anymore, I tap the play symbol and it changes to the pause symbol but the song does not play nor the time bar moves at all

The same process works in my iPad running same iOS version, I have already reinstalled the app in the iPhone with no luck

Any help will be appreciated

Are those tracks local files being synced over from your computer (shown in the Local Files tab on the desktop client)?

Peter

Hi Spotify,

Can't seem to fully sync my playlist offline. It keeps on stopping at like 12 songs and then an error stops the process entirely. Can you help check how to resolve as it's becoming quite frustrating.

Thanks,

Bobby

@bobbysangalang - Do you have at least 1GB+ of free storage space on your device?

Peter

Hi All,

Maybe I'm the one who don't know how offline playlists are working but let me ask it. After I make one of my playlist availble offline is spotify ios client using internet access (I mean is it streaming) still when I play these tracks if I forget to put the spotify client into offline mode?

Thx, Attila
Marked as solution

No, it should always play the local copy if available.

Peter

After about 50 secs my Spotify app pauses itself. If I move the track on it pauses after a similar time again. This happened some time ago and was fixed but not the problem is back with a vengeance making the app on my ipod unusable.

@TrevorGriffiths - Is this happening on all tracks?

Peter

Yes. The problem reappeared when I used my ipod in Bluetooth mode yesterday. Worked fine for itunes but Spotify tracks available offline all paused after 50 secs and have continued to do so on a number of playlists.

on my device, when im online, album art shows up on downloaded content. however when im offline none of my songs show their album artwork in the app, but show up in the lock screen.

I'm a Spotify guru! if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me! I'm quite the speedy responder.

Do you agree/like my post, did I help or made you laugh? Add some kudos!
Did I solve your problem? Push "accept as solution" 🙂

Offline syncing speed is very slow, I have an Ipod Touch 5th Gen with iOS 7.1 and Spotify 1.0.0.3251 set to High Quality 160kbps. My connection is 12Mbit/s down. Why can't I download at full speed if I'm paying for the service? Is Spotify limiting the bandwidth?

Hi, I know this thread started ages ago but i am having this problem. I create playlists on my Macbook, then when it comes to syncing on my iphone 4 they just won't all sync. It's very hit and miss. The other day i managed to get some to sync and now stuck again. Not much point in my having premium if this continues as i can't listen to music offline on the move. I also have a new iPad and again it's hit and miss there too. 

Can anyone shed any light on this? Really love Spotify but i might have to cancel if it's not being resolved

My problem is not with syncing but having 50 secs of music and then pause. It is now regularly just 50 secs. So offline Spotify on my ipod is no longer available. Just as well it works ok on my Sonos system at home or I would have left Spotify by now. May do so anyway if I can find a good alternative.

Please allow more than 3 devices to have offline files synced to them, i work offshore and always have to go offline. i have 4 devices that use spotify and am always getting my offline access withdrawn when i want to listen offshore

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my offline playlists..lately they got frozen and play only a few tracks, then when I try to skip them there's no answer and after 30-40 seconds the song skipping works.

When I try to access the app on the Iphone, it closes and obviously no songs are played. I have to restart the app and the problem goes over and over again..It's quite annoying because I have to turn on and off the Iphone..can you find a soultion for this?

Thanks

I'm having extreme lag issues with playlists on my iPhone.  I have both the latest iOS and Spotify software downloads.  Takes around 20 seconds to skip a song when on 3G and double that for the album art to appear.

I'm also having offline issues since the new iOS app design.

The most annoying "feature" for me is my iOS app not showing the names of my playlists but the number of songs in each playlist. The app seems to reload the names over the network but if you are in an area with no connection, your are done. The whole app then looks like a beta. This happened every time I used the new Spotify app while on the go and having no network connection. Even playlists which had no changes since they were synchronized at home in my wireless network and looked fine, again showed the number of songs when I went on the road...

And I'm having the slow song switching issues, too. In offline mode, the app reacts very slowly on pushing the next button. And when it reacts, the covers are only sometimes there. And sometimes, the old cover sticks for a few seconds before trying to show the cover of the actually playing song.

Suggested posts