Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Solved!

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Hello everyone! Spotify here.

We are looking into customer reports about issues with offlined playlists on iOS devices (music which is downloaded to your phone so you can play without an internet connection). Our investigation shows that some folks might have experienced some issues with this so we were hoping you could answer some questions to help us diagnose the problem.

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?

Thanks,
Team Spotify
506 Replies

And another bug I've discovered today when using Spotify on iOS offline: although all playlists have been fully sychronized, some of the songs show album art, some not.

The new update delete the possibility to add a track to a playlist in offline mode.
And the worst is that "selection" button (the star) don't work at all in offline mode!

I really don't understand what you are doing with tracks option (3 little dots button) in offline mode:

We have now this the upadte:

Selection, Add to queue, Share, Launch Radio, See Album, See Artiste (I use french version, so maybe the names aren't the same)

It's seems obvious that only "Selection" and "Add to queue" CAN WORK OFFLINE.

If you delete "Add to playlist" button (who worked offline in the previous version), why you still keep option that can't never work offline!!! That's just non-sense!!!

Version: 1.0.0.3251

Device: iPod Touch 5

1. The app becomes slow and eventually unresponsive after a period of non-use and then use after that period.

2. The playlist is wiped out after a period of non-use when the app cannot find a connection even if the app is in offline mode.  Turning off Wi-fi improves this to some degree, but it does not always help.

The app should always remember the order of the playlist regardless of connection state. Especially when in shuffle mode for long playlists.  This user does not usually want to hear a song again until the complete playlist has been played through.  The playlist should never be wiped out if the app is unable to make a connection.

The new app is dreadful on the ipod 4g. Offline, all album art work is gone, but when i go back online, they all come back.
I'm a Spotify guru! if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me! I'm quite the speedy responder.

Do you agree/like my post, did I help or made you laugh? Add some kudos!
Did I solve your problem? Push "accept as solution" 🙂

I have a crazy number of problems with the new Spotify release in my iTouch Gen5. No Album art, horrible wait times to move from one song to the next, crashes. It just plain s*cks to be honest. I would not have subscribed if I had tried this version. I uninstalled, reset the device, reinstalled all the same problems are still there.

How do I get out of this version? I think this will hurt spotify for sure. What a mess

I've had this problem as well. All of my local artwork is gone. I reinstalled the app and proceded to re-sync all of my 16 gb of local music - and still no artwork!!

My Spotify app on my ipod stops playing after 50 secs online too. Using old Spotify ios 4 app. Rubbish!

While I can sync my playlists offline, it will not sync in extreme quality. I have tried deleting the app and starting from scratch with the same results. This is happening on the lates version of iOS 7.

I tested by downloading the same playlist on my android device and the reported filesize was 3x that on my iphone. The file size per song on my iPhone was ~2MB, where the android device was ~8MB.

I have an iPhone that is frequently used with the cellular radio turned off, because I'm in no service areas and leaving it searching kills the battery, yet everytime I open spotify it insists on prompting me that the radio is off.  Please disable this or turn it into a notification.   I know the dumb cellular radio is off.  I turned it off.  I just want to listen to my offline playlists.  This is an obnoxious UI issue that should be resolved.  

I have discovered a new problem with the version 1.x, high usage of cellular if listening OFFLINE playlist...

I got yesterday the message that I have used my package of 1GB data for this month. And they will slow down my speed. 😞

I am listening always OFFLINE downloaded music, but Spotify generated for me a high traffic.

I have tested it today and had in 30 Minutes 5 MB data usage.

I have Facebook Activity OFF, Publish Activity OFF

Just LAST.FM Scrobble is turned ON

1. What iPhone you are using. --> iPhone 4S
  2. If your cellular data is 2G/3G/4G/LTE. --> 3G
  3. Your mobile provider (eg. Verizon etc). --> Telekom / T-Mobile
  4. Measured data usage if known. --> 5MB in 30 minutes
  5. Your Spotify app version. --> 1.0.0.3251
  6. Your iOS version. --> 6.1.2
  7. If you log into Spotify using a Spotify username or Facebook. --> With Facebook

I read about that Spotify is using P2P technology, maybe some other users are downloading from me the offline stored music if I am on cellular??

If I have only 33MB/day because of my cellular package

than 5MB for 30 minutes Music is really high!

I have a big problems 🙂 I'm on Ios 7.1 I have a lot of playlist but offline sync is horrible... I've try everything : - Réinstall spotify and resync. He start sync and then stop and nothing more - Let the screen always on and sync. I don't even see the status of the sync! It's horrible! 😞 Eveybody has the same issue or that's just me?

Nope same problem... I'm not sure why this isn't beigng sorted! It kind of defeats the purpose of having a premium account and paying for Spotify when you can't sync the playlists! I'm getting so fed up with it i think i will just cancel my subscription 

Yeah ! They really need to make and update cause for the moment I love this new version but the problem of Offline playlist is really a big problem !

And I do everything like adviced here on other wesite but nothing work. The sync begin and then stop and impossible to continue.

Whatever you install, reinstall, delete, ...

NOTHING WORKS!!!! SPOTIFY please I love you so much but correct this BUG please! :'(

Agreed! I don't really want to have to cancel but i tried uninstalling etc too. It worked for some play lists but now i'm stuck with what i got again!

I'm not sure that they are really dead thèses posts :s

I want to know why I can no longer star songs/add songs/edit playlists while offline anymore...? This has been seriously bothering me ever since the new update has come out since before I was constantly editing and making playlists while traveling but haven't been able to since...

Marked as solution

I found a solution ! I delete the Iphone Device on the spotify Account on the website.

And now Synchronisation is working again:)

Correction it´s not working !:( at a moment the apps stops sync within any reason.

Hi, this might be too simple an answer, but how much free space do you have in your device?

32 Go left 🙂 Enough? 😄

Suggested posts