Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Solved!

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Hello everyone! Spotify here.

We are looking into customer reports about issues with offlined playlists on iOS devices (music which is downloaded to your phone so you can play without an internet connection). Our investigation shows that some folks might have experienced some issues with this so we were hoping you could answer some questions to help us diagnose the problem.

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?

Thanks,
Team Spotify
506 Replies

My wife has been downloading music to her iPhone for offline play in her car for sometime. Recently however she cannot play her offline music without switching her phone into online mode and then back to offline mode. If she clicks on an album without doing this the app just displays the three loading dots and will not load the previously downloaded content. This is very frustrating as this is how we use Spotify. Please advise.

Very disappointed to have such a great feature broken so badly. I mainly use this on my daily commute on the tube and it is getting very frustrating.

This and the fact that Your a Music is not available on the iPad is making me really wonder why I am paying Spotify any money.
Marked as solution

Hey everyone! These offline issues should be sorted in our latest release out today (1.9.0). Please let us know if you continue to have an trouble in offline mode with this update. 

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this for you all! 

Fixed for me.

As a paying customer, I think it is fair for me to say - it's about time. Thanks.

Finally! Just tested and offline play is now working for me.

Thanks for fixing.

At last!

Offline playing works now - BUT......now when I select an album to be available offline - nothing happens.  And yes - I do switch back to online mode.

Hi. So, using iOS 8.1 on an iPhone 5s and update 1.9 it works in an 'offline' mode but as I have cellular access to spotify switched off when I try and play an album without going online but no wifi connected the 3 dots flash up continuously - doesn't happen with playlists though. Will try and put in an offline mode in the car so I can use it, but this never used to happen.

@joot29 How much free space do you have on your device? Is it at least 1GB?

Also, is it possible you've reached the 3,333 offline track limit?

Hi,

Im testing Spotify in my Iphone 5, but I have problems with the offline mode.

I add a song on my playlist and choose to be able offline, but it doesnt sync or charge at the same time.. just 2 days later!!

I think there is some problem because sometimes it charges at the same time, but another times charges like 2 or 3 days ago.

Can you help me?

I have more 2 days free and I need to know if it works right.. because if not I cant change my account to Premium.

Tks,

Leandro Alves.

Hey Leandro,I'm not sure what you exactly mean by 'doesn't sync or charge at the same time' but I have been using Premium Spotify with my iPhone 5 with no problems using offline playlists for when signal is not available.

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hey everyone! These offline issues should be sorted in our latest release out today (1.9.0). Please let us know if you continue to have an trouble in offline mode with this update. 

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this for you all! 

Thank you for addressing this issue. While I do appreciate you finally dealing with searching of offline playlists, I'd like to point out the following:

• Nearly twelve months is not an acceptable response time to fix a substantial functionality issue which you've been made aware of repeatedly and to a great extent. This is especially grievous considering the searching of offline playlists had initially been a part of the Spotify app, which was later removed. Re-implementing it should have been an easy task.
  • While searching one's own playlists is now available in offline mode, it's still unavailable in online mode. I don't quite understand why you removed these two features to begin with, but I'd like to see the return of both.

All in all, I have to say you've made some truly strange decisions regarding GUI and functionality during the years I've been a customer. In all honesty, if it wasn't for song availability and not wanting to lose my existing playlists, I would've switched service on the hour. It's a bad sign when the only thing making a customer stay is the bother of switching services.

Oh, and your e-mail customer service is one of the best in the industry, good on you for that.

@Meredith

I would like to report a bug that is still present in the 1.9.0 version for me and has been since 2 or 3 versions back. I described the bug in the Release Notes for 1.9.0 thread but not sure if you saw it.

The problem i have is that i can`t sync entire playlist folders containing several songs, it only works for single songs. Whenever i try to sync an entire playlist folder to offline, nothing happens. I can see the the litte arrow next to the playlist folder turns green for a second but as soon as i go back and then check again, no songs have been synced.

I have several hundreds of songs in my playlists so it can become pretty frustrating to click them one by one.

Where should i report this bug or can you help me with it?

I`ve tested the 1.9.0 version on both my iPhone 6 & iPad Air running the latest version iOS 8.1

There are many songs on my offline playlists which will not sync. I have followed the instructions. This is even true of songs I have added to iPhone Music directly. Occasionally a song will start working. I have a similar problem with Spotify substituting songs from the catalog when I have added the song to iPhone Music. I wish there were a way to force Spotify to do a audit of my playlists and make corrections.

Hi! 

Have som major issues concerning syncing music offline on my iPad 2. Everytime i try to sync music on my iPad both the internet and the wireless network stops working. I have been i contact with my internetprovider several times bur without any solutions other than that Spotify have problems with the firewall or extend the network of the mainnetworkcentral in my house. Allthough i'm convinced that it is the internetprovider-equipment that doesent work properly. Help??? Any ideas? :-S  

Freffa22. 

I sync all my saved music for offline, no album art is showing on any offline music.

Spotify Premium v1.9.0

Ipod Touch 5G w/Wi-Fi

iOS v8.1

I have two playlists which I created using only my local files and before the 1.8.0 update I was able to sync these files for offline listening with no issues. Ever since the 1.8.0 update (and now 1.9.0) I cannot sync these playlists for offline mode. My desktop app will display the playlists with a green arrow, but the same playlists on my mobile app remain grayed out and will not play in offline mode. My local file playlists work on my mobile app when I have an internet connection. My playlists with Spotify files work fine in either mode. Is this a temporary glitch or is this a permanent situation? I pay for Premium, so why can't I use the mobile app to play my local files offline?

I had no problem with offiline syncing on my iPhone until I recently upgraded to an iPhone 6 Plus. The first thing I did was try to resync all of my offline tracks to my new phone. It got about 25% of them done before stopping. I have something like 230 songs to go. Now everytime I try to complete the sync, it will download about 20 of them and then just stop. This isn't a space issue - we're talking less than 300 songs on a 64GB iPhone here. And it's not a connection problem either. I have a very good wi-fi connection at home and everything is otherwise blazing fast without interruption. 

Offline is not working properly for me, can't listen to saved music that I have downloaded for offline use with a working internet connection. I have had this problem since the day I signed up for the paid subscription, very annoying, please help me fix this issue. Thanks

Without a working Internet connection that is

Suggested posts