Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ford Fiesta 2012 - USB Connectivity!

Ford Fiesta 2012 - USB Connectivity!

I'm having issues using Spotify with my Ford Fiesta.

When I connect my Iphone to my car stereo, the console says "No tracks detected on the ipod".
I've tried being online with spotify.
Being offline with spotify.
None of the above works!

Is there a way for me to use Spotify + USB in my car?

Regards Mark

6 Replies

Hi Mark,

We don't really support this, I'm afraid. However, have you tried playing a song on Spotify before you connect it up?

Other than that, there's not a lot I can really suggest. Sorry.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Playing a song before connecting it doesn't change anything! It's still the same issue 😕

Although! If I put a mp3 directly onto my iphone, my stereo will detect that, and then I can play a song via spotify, but when the changes to the next number, it'll switch to the local mp3 again...

So I'm thinking that the spotify songs are encryptet some way so my stereo can't detect them?

As I said, it's not really designed for that at the moment. So I can't really suggest a fix, I'm afraid.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Just stumbled across this thread, and my 2011 fiesta zetec with iPhone 5 and spotify premium is working fine via USB. Just streams directly from the iPhone. I downloaded the latest ford audio dashboard firmware update and installed. Now I just press the AUX button twice and it recognises the iPod connected via USB and streams and recognises the tracks and albums on spotify. Furthermore the spotify tracks can be skipped via the steering wheel controls. Not sure if it is the firmware update which has made this possible? Hope this helps.

Oh and I was struggling getting audio until I realised you have to press "AUX" twice.

Suggested posts