Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 15.7.7

My Question or Issue

When I am listening to music and try to skip songs, the app will continue playing the previous song while displaying the next song before ultimately freezing. The app will then not function until I close it and reopen it. It is, however, only temporary, as it only takes an hour or sometimes less to fall into this issue again.

5 Replies

Hi there @vaxildagger,

Thanks for reaching out. Is only that iPhone affected? Consider trying a clean reinstall if you haven't already, that can help fix a lot of issues.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried the clean reinstall and it keeps on happening. It’s on both Wi-Fi and data and happens with both Bluetooth and wired headphones

Hey there @Anon211

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

Just to confirm, is this only happening when you're listening through an external device such as speakers and headphones or when you're streaming directly on your device as well? 

On another note, does this happen across devices or only on a specific one? If this only happens on a specific device, sending us its exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version would come in handy. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

It happens when also streaming directly on my device with no listening devices connected at all. Details as follows:

iPhone 7 Plus

iOS: 15.7.9

Spotify version: 8.8.72.623

Hey @Anon211,

Thanks for the info.

Can you please check out the issue descriptions in this thread? If they match what you're seeing on your end, please share the details there as well.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts