Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to edit my homepage (specifically playlists from the past)

How to edit my homepage (specifically playlists from the past)

My issue is the following;

I listened to someone's playlist once, and now I see it everyday on my homepage (in A jump to the past) It's really uncomfortable for emotional reasons and no matter how many playlists I listen to, this one WON'T go away and it's the second one displayed, even thought I did not play it that much.

Any ideas on how to edit my homepage or make it go away?

15 Replies

If you are on the latest version of the spotify app, right next to where it says played you have the ability to click edit and from there you can tap on the red circle to delete them.

I hate this and it’s been going on for months (I honestly can’t recall a time when this wasn’t an issue). This happens on both my Android and iOS device as well. I’m really tempted to leave Spotify for this annoyance cause it makes no sense that I can listen to a few songs from an artist then have their name plastered in on the home screen every time I launch Spotify. I don’t even follow the artist so I don’t know what kind of algorithm they’re using to suggest those 6 options.

How is it even possible that Spotify has still not been able to fix this annoying issue? I can see this was posted in Jan 2017, and it annoys me today in Jan 2022 (both for playlists and podcasts). Seriously, Spotify? Ever paid attention to how Google, Youtube or Netlix designed their algos for recommendations and home pages?

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

We understand your frustration with the current Home screen features in terms of user experience and customization. Perhaps you can share your thoughts and valuable feedback by +Voting in our Idea Exchange, where users discuss about a similar functionality in a Live idea thread here: [All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

Please note that even if an idea is currently set to “Not Right Now” you can still add your vote there and we revisit those ideas on regular intervals. It might be that their time would be right in the future.

Hope you find this useful. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Honestly, I find this advice not very helpful. Surely there must be a way
for Spotify to also opine on features that likely add value to your
customer base (and that align to 'good practices' that other streaming
services have already implemented years ago!) and not just rely on upvoting
features (just imagine how many users actually bother going to the forum,
finding that feature they're passionate about and voting it up - nice idea,
but totally ineffective in my view)

Cheers
Eric

Hello @user-removed,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

You can read more about how ideas work and how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

You know, when we, as customers, PAY for a premium service, we expect a premium experience.  Apparently, Spotify does not feel the customer's voice is important enough to offer Home screen customization, or at least the ability to remove unwanted items.  One time, a long time ago, I clicked an item called "Airplane Cabin White Noise Jet Sounds".  This is now forever on my Home screen.  You know, the starting point for my Spotify experience.  There is so much that is great about Spotify.  But this is inexcusable from the customer POV.

This has been a rather annoying issue for years already and Spotify is not willing to make a change and enable customization of the Home Screen.

You probably know that you can click and drag a song in a playlist to move it, or press Delete to remove a highlighted song. However, there may be times when you want to remove many songs from a playlist. It's also convenient to move songs around a playlist in batches.

To select multiple songs on Spotify, hold down Ctrl (or Cmd on a Mac) and click to select multiple songs. mygiftcardsite Then, drag and drop them all in one cluster to move them to another playlist, or to a different position in the current playlist. To delete all the selected songs in one go, right-click on one of the chosen tracks and click Remove from this playlist (or hit the Delete key).

2022 and still the same. I hate going on my home page and switching to Apple. Podcast or playlsist l heard years ago and has nothing to do with my taste is just stuck in homepage and I can't even edit how "Your shows" section look like. That's frustrating. I have run out of tolerance and patience for Spotify to listen to it's users.

Same problem, have podcast on homepage i dont want and even get similar suggestions for it. Sooo annoying i cant simply remove it...

Terribly annoying. Listened to one episode of a podcast maybe 2 years ago and really disliked it... now it forever sits on my home screen when I open up spotify on my phone. 

My homepage is garbage and totally unrelated to what I listen to. Can I delete the podcasts at least???

Best available option I could; find a podcast you don't mind seeing on your homepage or something you might relatively enjoy listening to. Play it anywhere from 4-8hrs or longer and it will start replacing the previous ones.

How about this, Spotify....

When driving, I use Android Auto to switch between playlists or stations. But sometimes we are mis-hard by Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, and something starts playing that's not at all of interest to us. But because it was played ONCE, we're stuck with it. My Daily Mixes have been corrupted for months because of this, and I've been listening to a lot of different music styles. But nothing will override what gets played even a single time.

Please, let us control our content. You have an excellent service overall, but this "feature" of not allowing us to remove items is about the worst thing possible in a service like this.

Suggested posts