Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to turn off podcast video in the mobile app?

How to turn off podcast video in the mobile app?

Ever since the Ramsey Show Highlights added video it causes subsequent podcast in the “Your Epidodes” list to not play. I send Spotify to the background, but the video embedded Ramsey podcast still kills the other podcast episodes. It is worse and more prevalent when I am at the far end of my WI-FI network.

I don’t have any issues with just audio based podcasts.
4 Replies

Hey there @garchar

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

On mobile, you'll see the option to disable video podcasts while not listening to them on WiFi by heading to Settings > Data saver > Stream audio only. 

On desktop, you can either click the X in the video itself or the Show/Hide video button in the lower left corner of the app, next to the title of the currently playing episode. 

If you can't see those options, could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I want to be able to turn off video period. Not just when I am using my data plan.

Hey @garchar,

If you feel strongly about us having this feature on mobile and/ or desktop, you can submit an Idea on the forum about this and share it with your peers.
The more votes it gathers - the better its chance of implementation!

We're here for you in case you need anything else 🙂 

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You mean like this one?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Podcasts-Option-to-disable-or-hide-podcast...

Doesn’t seem likely based on that thread.   In reality it can’t be done.  That was what I was trying to confirm.

Suggested posts