Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

IOS Spotify Crash when searching for album

Solved!

IOS Spotify Crash when searching for album

Spotify version 1.2.0.3344 crashes on iOS 7.1.1  everytime I search using Russian keyboard (Cyrills font)

Steps done:

Select Search

Type in Russian "хит"

See all albums

Scroll down to load more albums 

Crashes everytime

Is this a known issues, didnt see any posts related to this, and how quick could I expect a fix? Thank you!

ps: I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling and the issue remains.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just to confirm this issue has been raised by @jeremygoh and confirmed by the Spotify guys so it is being reported as an issue internally.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Same thing happens using an English keyboard, and it doesn't matter that you type.

nope; if I use english it's working just as expected search result for albums loads pages without app crashing 

same for some chinese songs too.. weird. And even some english songs (esp when it gets pretty long..)

Let me escalate this to the Spotify team.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Could it possibly be the long song names that is causing Spotify to crash? I listen to a lot of classical music and these tend to come with very long names.

that could be the case

Marked as solution

Just to confirm this issue has been raised by @jeremygoh and confirmed by the Spotify guys so it is being reported as an issue internally.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts