Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last Spotify update 7.7.0 is draining my Battery (iPhone 7)

Last Spotify update 7.7.0 is draining my Battery (iPhone 7)

I installed the latest update from Spotify iOS this morning (7.7.0). My phone is overheating (something really rare) while playing music on Spotify and it's draining my battery really quickly.

70 Replies

Same here - I'm using Spotify on my iPhone 7 (same version as you mention) and my battery % goes down like crazy, and the phone gets super hot. Very disappointing, I listen to music for 20 minutes and 30% is gone, easily.

same here - even with background app referesh off...

I got the exact same problem. And according to a few other tweets, a lot of other user got the same problem with the latest iOS and the latest Spotify version...

I lose about 1% battery in one Minute (and I am listen to offline music)... that is more than ridiculous... on my old Samsung i could run Spotify with offline music for more than 10h...

Does anybody know if will be a solution soon or maybe there is already! 

Same here. it drained my battery and also heated.

Same problem here. I'm running the 10.3 beta 4, with Spotify 7.8.0.404, and I have had my phone plugged in for about 8 hours straight (starting at 100%), and I'm all the way down to 19% now - plugged in all day.  Phone is very hot as well.fullsizeoutput_16a0.jpeg

I'm also listening on the Desktop, only leaving my iPhone open to see song changes.  Very troubling.

Which headphones did you use. I had the trouble with the original apple headphones. Using now samsung headphones and didn't have any big battery losses. I will try this the next days another few times to get a more significant conclusion.

Got the update (7.8.0) 2 days ago, listened for about an hour today, used 40% of my battery and phone (iphone 7) is extremely hot. Pretty much unusuable until this is fixed.

Mi version 7.8.0.404 on an iphone 7.

Also seeing this issue this morning with the latest update. Phone was 100% charged when I arrived at work at 9am. By 10am my battery was at 30% and extremely hot. Only app that was running and connected to wifi. HELP. Agree app is unusable until fixed.

I'm also having this issue on Spotify 7.8.0.404 on an iPhone 6S. The phone gets very hot and the battery drains about 50% in ~2 hours. This started occurring after last week's update (I remember it was on the 27th or the 28th of February).

I second this, I noticed my battery low yesterday thought the screen was on. It just died, from full at 8am till now 1pm. All I did was check email once, and listen to spotify. 

EDIT: phone is back up: 1min on screen, 4.2 hours background for 67% of total 24 hour battery stats. 

Spotify version: 7.8.0.404

Iphone 7 Plus

Only listened to music and barely touched any other app. Battery down to 29% (According to battery records: Spotify 1 min on screen - 3.3 hrs background)

And yes its running hot... It only started recently maybe a week ago...

Very annoying hope this gets fixed soon! Before last week I was able use my phone with only charging every other day...

my phone is dying quickly too...I am going to delete the app 

Spotify just released an update this morning to version 7.9. This update fixed my battery drain and heat. Give it a try it worked for me.

I'm running 7.9.0.545 listening over bluetooth on an iphone 7 plus and it's eating my battery at about 1% a minute when listening to music.

It's used 58% of battery in last 24 hours, 8 mins on screen and 46 hours in background.

Not sure what's going on here but I'm not happy paying £15 a month for the premium family plan when it's killing my phone.

Why don't Spotify acknowledge this issue?

This is happening to me also using spotify on my phone 7 plus with the version number 7.9.0.545

the same issue happens on my macbook pro also

im switching back to apple music

Jup, same here. Spotify 7.9.0.545 @ iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 10.2.1)

20170315_114532000_iOS.png

Same issue as others on thie thread, 7.9.0.545 on ios iphone 7 +, spotify using 62% of battery in last 24 hours.  Phone getting very hot and battery barely lasting the day now. considering deleting app. 

Same issues. overheating and huge battery drain. Latest verison 7.9.0 updated yesterday. Totally killing my phone. I had to uninstall. Please dont make me go back to Apple Music!! FIX THIS PLEASE!!

Suggested posts